Epilogue

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now...."

I pulled her into a kiss before the priest could even complete the words. A round of applause and oohs filled the hall as we kissed.

A month ago when we announced our engagement, mom and dad were shocked as well as Diego, Lucas almost beat my ass for not informing him soon.

A month ago....

"Listen up everyone, we have a surprise for you all," Dahlia announced and stared at me full of smiles.

"We are engaged!" I rapped out knowing fully well how Dahlia had wanted to be the one to break the news to them but I beat her to it. The hall was quiet for a while with her glaring at me, I lifted her right hand and showed the ring to them. 

"An applause would suffice guys," she said awkwardly and the hall broke into applauses and congratulations. I could feel the gazes of my parents and my friends.

"What!! How could you not tell me Dee, I thought we were friends," loud mouth Thalia and Lacey walked up to my love and dragged her away from me.

"Hey!" I wanted to follow them but Diego and Lucas blocked me.

"You have alot of explaining to do Mattie," they basically lifted me and carried me off to a corner.

"Be careful with him boys," Mom said at the top of her voice not making effort to save me.

"Teach him a lesson that he will never recover from," Dad lifted his fists and wriggled it.

"What's the deal man, who permitted you to keep such secret from us?" Lucas cracked his knuckles and Diego stood like a bouncer daring me to escape.

"Like I said, it was a surprise," I sounded nonchalantly and Lucas flared up.

"Don't give me that nonchalant look boy, I'll beat your ass if you don't answer my question," He glared at me.

"Okay, okay, I proposed to Dahlia two weeks ago and she accepted, it was my idea to make it a surprise, besides, I didn't want it going viral before the engagement party."

"You see, not that hard to explain," Diego chipped in.

"Thought you were going to stand there like a freaking pole." Lucas punched me in the abdomen as soon as the words came out.

"That's for keeping it a secret from us," he said and they walked out leaving me breathless.

Damn those two.

Mom nearly peeled my ears off with how disappointed she was with me, I only shut her up with the assurance of her helping with the wedding. By the time we got home, we were exhausted.

Now.....

I carried her into my arms and walked down the aisle towards the exit, to my car to be exact.

"In a hurry to leave are we?" Dad suddenly appeared beside me smirking with Mom followed closely behind.

"Dude what about the reception?" Diego said.

"We are skipping that.."

"We are skipping nothing, now put me down Raphael!" My love glared at me making me put her down but not before flashing Diego a warning glare.

"We are staying for the reception, aren't we Raphael?" She jabbed me on the ribs daring me to say otherwise.

"Yes, we are."

"Move to the reception hall people, time to snack!" Mom yelled suddenly and dad and Diego slapped their foreheads in frustration.

"You don't have to yell tesoro, they know where to go," Dad said softly, puting his hand on Mom's shoulder. We all moved to the reception hall where MC called on the bride and groom to the dance floor.

"Out of all my days, this is the most glorious," Dahlia whispered as we waltzed on the dance floor, the spotlight shining on us only.

"Our first night together wasn't glorious?" I teased her and she blushed not answering.

After our dance, she danced with Dad, Mom and Diego, I didn't give Lucas a chance, he should go dance with Lacey.

••••••••••••••••••••••
Thirdperson POV
••••••••••••••••••••••

A dark figure watched them from behind a hidden dark corner with a look of satisfaction and a touch of pain in his eyes.

He watched her laugh, smile, blush and kiss her groom with happiness written on her face,  then moved his gaze to a beautiful redhead lady kissing her boyfriend and grimaced before moving again to another lady on crutches, guilt as remorse flashed in his eyes once again.

He was there watching during his funeral, watching them cry their hearts out. He watched her visit his grave every Friday, putting a bouquet of orchids, his favorite flowers on his grave. He knew how much his heart ached when he saw her happy in the arms of another, something he knew he could never give her, even if he wanted to.

He stood and watched as the couple bid their goodbyes and leave in a limo, something tugged in his chest, she was married now and probably on her way to a honeymoon...

It was time to let go.

He stood staring at the disappearing car and his eyes watered, so long she's happy. He thought and swiped the hood of his sweater to cover his face before walking away. Thalia had come out of the venue just in time to see a figure walk down the streets, something about the person's gait felt familiar, she thought.

"Don't tell me you want to follow the newly wedded couple to their honeymoon," Diego called from behind her smirking and she rolled her eyes.

"No, I was just thinking of finding myself a man, you know, get married and settle down."

"And who do you have in mind, mi amore?"

"I don't kno–" and he grabbed her hand and spun her into his arms before she finished the statement.

"Let's get married."

Dahlia and Matteo got on the private jet arranged by him, they had planned to go on their honeymoon as soon as the wedding was over. During the flight, Matteo held her in his arms thus preventing another panic attack, he watched the sleeping beauty in his arms lovingly.

Dahlia woke up on a soft comfy bed, she looked around in surprise.

"Finally awake, tesoro?" His deep voice startled her.

"How long?"

"Long enough for me to cuddle with you," he said and she jumped into his arms straddling him.

"Cuddle with me now hubby."

"As you wish princessa."

"Kiss me hubby," she whispered on his lips and he connected his lips with hers. They didn't hold back in ravishing each other, afterall what's wedding night for if not that.

"I love you hubby," she whispered breathlessly and hugged him, falling asleep.

Matteo smiled staring at the woman in his arms, he had finally gotten what he wanted. He kissed her hair and whispered.

"I love you more, bellissimo."

_________ The End ____________

Finally, a happy ending, though feel sad for Jason, hopes he find love.

Show love💓💓