nine

Touching down in Paris, Louis was filled with a flurry of emotions. He'd never had a city so viscerally remind him of someone else but that was what Paris did. Harry was in every corner, his name and his face flashing through Louis' mind as he passed the familiar streets. This was where it all solidified for Louis. This was where he fell in love with the omega. The nostalgia and the pain of it clung to him like a heavyweight.

It was Paris Fashion Week and Louis wouldn't have come here if his publicist, Aaron, didn't make him. There were some big names on the list and it was important for Louis to show up for appearances, especially with the new album rollout plan. They needed to be seen and talked about and fashion week was an easy way to do that. Louis' only request was that they keep it short. He was flying back to London that night so he wouldn't even be spending a full 24 hours there. His hotel room was booked mostly so he could change between shows.

The thing was, Louis knew he was going to have to see Harry. Based on Harry's social media activity and posts in Paris, the omega was here and he was going to be working it. Two months ago, Louis would have done anything for an opportunity like this to finally be face-to-face with Harry, but now, he wasn't so sure. Harry had made it very clear that he was hell-bent on moving on. Louis read his recent feature with Vogue and he'd clearly taken some jabs at the alpha.

If that was how Harry felt, then Louis was done chasing him. He wasn't going to try and speak with someone who wanted nothing to do with him and also talked shit about him during interviews. Hopefully, they wouldn't have to interact and the extent of it would be watching Harry walk the runway.

The first show of the day was Yves Saint Laurent at the Carrousel du Louvre. Louis was dressed to the nines with his hair coiffed, giving him a smart and cool look. He posed for some photos as he arrived before sitting down in the front row as the event coordinators had instructed him to do. All around him, there was commotion. People were being escorted to their seats, A-list celebrities caught up with each other while journalists filmed them, and last-minute touches were being made to the stage.

After a while, an omega came over and sat beside him. Louis didn't recognize her, so he kept to himself, but he looked over when he noticed her smiling at him.

"Hi," she said. "I'm Tara. It's nice to meet you."

"I'm Louis," he smiled, shaking her hand.

"Your new song is amazing," she said, smiling bashfully. "It's been on repeat since it came out."

"Thank you. It was a bit scary to put out, but the response has been good, I'd say."

"I get what you mean. Whenever a new project of mine comes out, I'm also a bundle of nerves."

"What do you do?"

"I'm an actress."

"Anything I've seen?"

"I've had a couple of small roles in two BBC series. I also had a movie come out last year. Horror. It was called Lullaby."

Louis' eyes widened in recognition. "Oh, yes. I've seen the film. It was really good, mate. Scared the shit out of my friend, Liam."

"Not going to lie, it scared me a bit when we filmed it, too," she chuckled, making Louis laugh as well.

They continued to chat until the show began. When the lights dimmed and the spotlights turned on, the DJ started the music and a sexy tune began to play as one by one, the models came out onto the runway. Louis didn't realise he was holding his breath until Harry made his way out, and he exhaled shakily. The omega was dressed in a sheer white top with matching trousers that had intricate floral embroidery on them.