birth of the hunter

You wake up,

your head stings and you reek of dried blood, you slept wrong and now your arm is sore. Your room wasn't't doing any better, books and papers were riddled all across your study, your investigation board was incredibly messy, and there was cold coffee on your bedside table.

You needed to get your room sorted, not to mention all the other things you have to do today

check your greenhouse, start the incense, take care of your soul collection, prepare the next hunt, read today's deck and so much more.

You picked yourself up and took some medicine for your headache, everything you've done to your body has had some *minor* drawbacks, one of them being waking up with a horrible headache everyday. Then you went to the bathroom to wash yourself, another drawback was that your new body changed temperature quickly, so you have to constantly keep it cold to stop overheating.

You washed your mouth and gave one last look to your study before heading to the kitchen deciding you'd rather deal with it later. You weren't really in the mood for anything too special for breakfast, you just made some egg sandwiches and sweet lemonade.

After a few minutes you could finally feel the cold seeping in, you could feel your muscles grow more flexible as they cracked into place, your fingers extended in relief, your skin felt tougher as your spine corrected itself into a more comfortable position. You cracked your neck and stretched for a bit before you started doing chores.

After but an hour, your cart looked good as new, now you could truly start your day. While you were checking your freezer box, you noticed you had run out of giant spewer meat, it was your favorite type of meat without counting... Theirs...

You know what, you've been itching for a good hunt. For the last few months you've been preparing to hunt an ancient spewer, you should be more than prepared for the one you've been tracking. Furthermore, if you manage to kill it, Leshy would have to finally recognize you as a threat.

Yeah, you're going to treat yourself with some spewer stew tonight.

After organizing you investigation board you remembered that tomorrow a shipment of different goods was arriving at Leshy's cult, he himself may not be there, but derailing shipments was one of your favorite ways to get Leshy's attention as he only trusted higher position cultists to deal with shipping. It'd be passing Darkwood in the latter hours of the day, so you had more than enough time to go out hunting for that ancient spewer.

You went to grab mercy and the moment it touched you hand...

It burned like hell, it felt as if your skin was melting off

Another, more serious, drawback was that your body could only handle one type of witchcraft at a time, meaning you had to choose what you'd hunt with beforehand, as switching crafts in the middle of combat wasn't only slow, but painful

You grabbed a towel and picked up both mercy and cruelty, you sheathed both and grabbed your guns, the hounds of iron. Your guns had been modified to empower bullets with potions, poisons, and the like, it was also compatible with the only craft that was always active

Your very own cartomancy,