3 Real Life

February 20, 2024

Peyton's POV

Getting called to the manager's office feels a lot like getting called to the principal's office. I knew as soon as the E! News article was released that Pat Murphy was gonna talk to me about my relationship with Lando. We've been dating for almost a year and there's been nothing but support from both sides. The door opened and Pat sat at his desk.

"I'm guessing you know what I'm gonna ask," he says.

"Yeah, I knew as soon as E! News published that article I was gonna get called into the office," I chuckle.

"So?"

"Yeah, we've been dating for almost a year."

"Would you like to be able to attend some of the races?"

"Miami and Great Britain at the minimum. The other races I have are during the off-season."

"I can try to make that happen if you can get Lando to New York to watch your debut."

"What?"

"You'll be making your debut during Opening Weekend. I'm certain of it."

"I don't know what to say. Thank you."

"Go ahead and get ready for practice."

I leave the office and head to the clubhouse. I walk in and the guys look at me.

"Yes, it's true. I'm dating F1 driver Lando Norris," I say.

"What's that like," Sal asks.

"A lot of late-night FaceTimes, me having to report for my season a month before his starts, and lots of date nights in Monte Carlo."

"You live in Monaco during the off-season," Blake asks.

"Yeah. I moved in with Lando after the Qatar Grand Prix last year."

"Are you going to any races this year," Willy asks.

"I'm trying to head to Miami and Great Britain at least. The Silverstone Circuit is Lando's home Grand Prix and Miami is the earliest I'll be able to see him again. That is if he can't make it to New York to watch my debut."

"What," Christain guffaws.

"Pat just told me I have a real shot at making my debut against the Mets," I say.

"Have you told Lando yet," Brice asks.

"Not yet. It's going on ten at night in Bahrain and he has media tomorrow ahead of pre-season testing this weekend."

"When's the first race," Rhys asks.

"Next weekend in Bahrain and then Saudi Arabia the following weekend. I'm gonna text him when I wake up tomorrow."

"So, how does the schedule work in Formula One," Joey asks.

"Um, it's usually Friday through Sunday. Friday has two free practice sessions, Saturday is the third practice and three rounds of qualifying, and Sunday is the Grand Prix."

"How does qualifying work," Jake asks.

"There's three rounds and the bottom five drivers don't advance to the next round. It's pretty much how they determine the starting grid for the race."

"Is it always three practice sessions," Garrett asks.

"Not always. Sometimes they have a sprint qualifying and a sprint, which is pretty much just for points. But it's typically three days long."

"Has Lando made podium before," Bryan asks.

"Yeah, he's had thirteen since his debut but none of them have been first place yet. Hopefully, at some point this year."

"Have you met all of the drivers," Freddy asks.

"Yeah, I have and they're all super nice. Aside from my boyfriend, I'm probably closest to Oscar, Max, Alex, Pierre, Charles, Carlos, Lewis, and George. As well as Ollie Bearman and Kimi Antonelli who race for PREMA in Formula 2 and Bianca Bustamante who is the academy driver for McLaren."

"Isn't there an American driver," Jared asks.

"Yeah, Logan Sargeant. We're not super close but he's nice to hang out with."

"How many races were you able to attend last year," Christian asks.

"Uh, during last season only Miami and Great Britain, and then I had the rest of the 2023 races after the Marlins' season ended. This year is most likely gonna be the same way."

"So, you have to be here a month early," Colin asks.

"Yeah, just because of the fact I live in another country during the off-season. It's fine because Lando came with me this year to help me move into my apartment."

"That's good."

"Didn't Lando crash last year in Vegas," DL asks.

"Yeah, that was probably one of the scariest days of my life. I was sitting in the paddock club with Alex's girlfriend, Lily, when Bianca, who's one of the academy drivers for McLaren, came to get me. Luckily, he was fine but it was still scary," I say.

"How'd you guys meet," Brice asks.

"I got recalled from Jacksonville a few days before the Miami Grand Prix in 2022 and met him and some of the others after the game. Granted, I didn't make my debut that week."

"Hopefully, he can make it to New York," Rhys says.

"Hopefully. It's gonna depend on what he has going on that weekend with McLaren."

We head to the cages for practice and do some drills in the outfield before having a meeting with the coaching staff. We head back to the clubhouse and Christian and I head back to my apartment.

"So, when is your anniversary with Lando," he asks as I start dinner.

"May 5. The Marlins were in Chicago and he asked me when we were on FaceTime that morning," I say.

"He asked you over FaceTime?"

"Yeah. He was gonna ask the day before but he never got the chance."

"How do the other drivers feel about you guys?"

"They like having me around and they're always telling me how happy I make Lando."

"That's good. It's too bad our seasons don't line up."

"They have two races in the States during the off-season. Austin in mid-October and Vegas the weekend before Thanksgiving."

"Maybe. I'll think about it."

"There's time. So, think about it and let me know. Maybe we can get some of the others to join and I can see if I can get you guys paddock passes with a garage tour," I shrug.

"Really," he asks.

"Yeah, that's how my parents met Lando in Austin."

"Yeah, I'll think about it."

I finish dinner and Christian helps me with the dishes when we finish eating. He leaves around nine and I head to bed.