How Do I Love?

"How do I love?" I asked randomly out of the blue

"How do I love?" I asked randomly out of the blue. It was purely silent, but that thought had slipped through before I had a chance to catch it.

"You love kindly, honestly, purely, justly, and fairly." My mom stated simply.

"What if I'm angry?" I say.

"You love fiercely." She responds.

"Even when I'm angry?" I continue my questioning.

She nods smiling widely at me, "Why...Are you angry with me?" She asks tasting chili from the large spoon and humming in satisfaction.

"No Mama." I responded before chuckling. She smiles at me happily before disappearing around the corner. I assume to go open the door for daddy. I took that as my chance to steal a taste from the pot. I quickly opened the drawer and grabbed a spoon out. I hurriedly blew on the steaming spoon and ate from it. I hummed at how delicious it was and went for another bite but got stopped by the strong hand of none other than my mama.

She gave me a stern look making me drop the chili from the spoon back into the pot and smile innocently at her as I batted my eyelashes. She raised a brow as if asking if I really thought that would work on her. I cleared my throat and turned awkwardly to leave.

"Go get yourself cleaned up so you can eat. And not act like a cave man eating from my pot." She says. My dad laughs and I only give him a death stare making him laugh harder. Mama continues to watch me closely as I walk up the stairs.

I wash my hands before heading back downstairs skipping stairs as I went. I help Dad set the table as Mom fixes our plates. We pray before we eat and dig in.

"How is school going sweetheart?" My dad asks kindly.

"Good, I got straight A's and my GPA is 4.0." I stated smiling widely.

"Good Job babygirl." My dad says happily. My mom smiled as well already knowing the information.

"Yup, I told her if she keeps that up we'll have to throw her a little party." Mom spoke up. I smiled more excited for the possible cake than the party. "How's Leon by the way?" She asks.

"He's good...oh yeah, he asked me if I could hang out this weekend. We were gonna go to Dave And Busters. Can I go?" I state.

"Sure, I don't see why not." Momma responded.

"Who's Leon?" My dad cuts in. Mom chuckles already knowing the incoming reaction.

I hesitate clearing my throat before I begin to speak, "My boyfriend." I say before making a run upstairs.

"YOU'RE WHAT." My dad yells before chasing me upstairs. I mange to slam the door shut before he gets there.

"Goodnight Daddy!" I say, before getting changed into some night clothes. He continues beating on my door making me chuckle.

"Good Night Sweetheart." I hear my mom say as she pulls my dad away from the door.

"Night Mommy!" I say back. I hope into bed and pull the covers up over my body drifting to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heeeeeey! New Oneshot book. Thanks for reading 💙 I hope you enjoyed!