8| You Met Her?

Here's Chapter 8!

Word Count : 5069

Target : 70🌟 + your choice of comments🧡

Status : Unedited

Enjoy! (^_^)

֍﴿۝﴾֎

Khatri Estate

Khatri Estate

Ekta's complaints echoed through the living area as she expressed her frustration over her grandson's behavior to Vishwaraj and Satveer.

"I'm at my wit's end with him! Kuch din. Use bas yaha kuch din aur rukna tha, lekin nahi! I made it clear that this week his wedding should take precedence over work, but no" Her rant was gently interrupted by Vishwaraj, who saw her growing unreasonably exasperated.

(I'm at my wit's end with him! Just a few more days. He only needed to stay here for a few more days, but no! I made it clear that this week his wedding should take precedence over work, but no—)

"Ekta ji, this isn't just any household affair. He has responsibilities towards the nation, and for that, he can't afford to think about himself, let alone his wedding."

Vishwaraj instantly regretted his words as Ekta's face twisted into a saccharine smile. "Thank you, Vishw, for enlightening me about his work. I'm deeply grateful. I mean, if it weren't for you telling me, how would I have known?"

Her voice dripped with sarcasm as she redirected her sharp words from her grandson to her husband.

Vishwaraj winced, trying to calm her, but his efforts were in vain.

Satveer remained wisely silent, absorbed in his laptop, while Indira, seated in her wheelchair, massaged her temples, exhausted by her mother's complaints.

In that moment, Barkha approached Satveer with a coffee. "Here's your coffee," she said softly, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Thank you," he responded, his rare smile conveying deep gratitude-a warmth reserved only for Barkha.

As for Ram, he was in the kitchen hovering around Jhilmil. It was well-known-wherever Jhilmil was, Ram was sure to be found by her side.

"Now we'll have to postpone pehli rasoi because" Ekta's tirade was about to continue, when she caught sight of the group descending the stairs. And she halted mid-sentence at the sight of Ananya, which melted Ekta's frown into a warm smile.

Vishwaraj shared a look of disbelief with Indira; they were both astounded by Ekta's swift change from fiery to tender.

He had spent the last 20 minutes attempting to soothe her fiery temper, but now, at the mere sight of Ananya, Ekta transformed faster than a chameleon.