Chapter 26: Game

The month of April went with Taehyung to get prepared for his last year. Next month, he was going to display his painting in the annual exhibition of Arts at his school university and all he could hope for was to get noticed by many people.

Painting has always been his hobby. He has always animated himself painting with his clothes and hands covered with those Pastel colours.

He has always wanted to turn his hobby into his profession, not wanting to be that 'perfect' housewife.

One fine Sunday morning, Taehyung was ready to get his sister checked to the mental health doctor.

Namjoon, as promised, had found a good asylum for his sister and helped him to go through the records of the hospital.

He huffed, pushing his mobile in his pant's pocket as Jungkook did not pick it up again. He was worried. It was already over a month and there was no trace of the elder.

He had spent many sleepless nights, waiting for him in the hall, hoping to show up from somewhere in the middle of the night and hug him, but he did not, for one and a half month now.

The doctor, young and intelligent was quite humble. He greeted them and Taehyung sat down with his sister in front of him, not minding if she had her thumb in her mouth.

"I came to know about her from Mr. Kim. Do you think she will let me hold her?"

Taehyung looked at his sister with unsure looks and smiled at him. "Yes, you may."

The doctor smiled genuinely and took her hand. Aera shivered and pushed him, hugging Taehyung tightly and mumbling something with drool falling from her mouth.

He smiled awkwardly at the doctor and said in an unsure voice. "I'm sorry."

"It's ok. Mr. Jeon."

The doctor, after giving her some toys, took her samples. The reports were to arrive in a few hours.

They arrived in a café, to have their lunch. As Aera was digging into the food, Taehyung stared at his mobile screen, trying to find any message from Jungkook but there was none, and it was scaring him now.

He sighed and looked at his sister, skipping his third meal. As the message of the arrival of the reports came, they went back.

The doctor was looking at the papers with a frown over his face. He scanned the papers twice and stared at Aera for some time before speaking.

"May I know why she had shock therapy?" The doctor asked, curling his fingers, and staring into Taehyung's eyes.

Taehyung's forehead turned into a frown. He looked at his sister, who was talking to her hair and looked back at the doctor.

"Shock therapy?"

"Yes. And the most I can see from the reports is that she did not have depression and why the therapy?" The doctor said, looking at Aera from the side eye.

"You must be mistaken, doctor. She did not have any therapy."

"Mr. Jeon, the therapy sucked half of her brain that now she is now insane." The doctor said, pointing at Aera, whereas Taehyung's mind was messed up.

He gulped and took Aera's medicines. "If she does not get good, we are going to hospitalise her."

Taehyung came out with a river of thoughts flowing into his mind, when he heard his name being shouted.

"Taehyung!"

He saw Hoseok running towards him, with a gun in his hand and quickly pushed Taehyung inside. "Get in, fast!"

Hoseok did not realise that he just shouted at Aera. By the time he realised, Taehyung was yelling at him and Aera was crying, with a pool of tears in his eyes.

"What the hell Hoseok?!!" Taehyung yelled. "Why are you shouting at her?!"

Hoseok gulped and stared at Aera. Her teary eyes were asking him about her mistake. She sniffed. He tried to reach out to hold her but she herself jumped in, hugging Taehyung close.

She sniffed again.

"Baddie." She mumbled. "He sholded Aery."

Hoseok gulped hearing her soft childish voice but soon realised what he was doing when he heard a voice of shooting at the glass of the building right behind him broke.

He quickly got in, pushing the door shut and ignited the engine. The car started at an insane speed, cutting through the sharp turns and focusing on the road while the people screamed seeing the car.

The gunshot was heard again. Hoseok cursed under his breath and took a turn to the right, later turning to the left.

"Taehyung can you look after the cars for me?" Hoseok asked, pushing the window down and fired a bullet.

Taehyung looked back to see two black cars following them. A hand came out of one of them with a gun and some tattoos.

"Hobi they... they-" Taehyung was not able to complete his word when the car was dis-balanced after a gunshot.

There was another gunshot and Hoseok cursed loudly. "FUCK!"

"Taehyung down." Hoseok shouted.

Taehyung immediately pulled Aera down and sat with her sobbing.

"Taetae... Taetae ish Aery goil to die?" She asked, looking at him with adorable eyes, making Taehyung shake his head violently.

He hugged her tightly, kissing the crown of her head and miles at her. "No, noona. Not this fast."

The drama went on for a few more minutes before everything went quiet. With Hoseok's signal, they sat straight, facing the front.

"Taehyung, the biggest game has started. You need to be taken care of."

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Sorry for the late update, guys. I was pretty busy.

The thing is that I am thinking of starting a channel on Noveltoon. Support me there too!

I'll be posting the same books there but if you prefer reading it as a chat story, then it will be good to be in your comfort zone.

Love ya!!