Chapter 2: Tides of Truth

It has been a few weeks in Mystic Falls for the new hybrid. She had gotten closer with Damon in these weeks and she also heard a lot of bad things about him, but the blonde never really believed in rumors.

Arabella woke up from a nightmare at 4 am, she looked around frantic when she saw that she was safe in her room. The young vampire had dreamed of her father abusing her, but thankfully she had snapped out of it before he really had done something to her, even if it was just a dream.

After she calmed down a bit she got out of bed, not wanting to sleep anymore. She got dressed and decided to go to the beach, Arabella needed to clear her head and she was going to do it the only way she knew how to.

When she got to beach she looked around her, making sure she saw no one, even though it was 4 am she needed to be sure. When she was sure she was alone she ran to the water and dived in.

The bubbles surrounded her once again and she loved the feeling, when the bubbles disappeared she felt her tail, her favorite feeling in the whole world. She started swimming, she could just speed through the water but swimming herself was so much more calming.

After half an hour of swimming she arrived at the cave she had discovered. She went and sat on one of the rocks in the water and dozed off.

A few hours later she woke up completely rested and she turned human again so she could look on her phone. Her aunt had been frantically calling Arabella, she started to call her back and she immediately heard a scream.

"Where are you?! Are you okay?! Why did you leave without telling me?! And why aren't you at school?! They called me Bella." UShe heard her aunt say frantic.

After a few seconds she looked at the time and saw, she was late. Damn it, how did I even fall asleep in the water, Arabella asked herself as she jumped in the water and sped-swam to the shore. She dried herself by holding up her hand and evaporating the water.

Once she stood up she immediately sped to school and sat in her last lesson before her lunch. She had English, she saw an open seat next to Bonnie so she went and sat down, giving Bonnie a smile.

"Where have you been Ara?" Everyone had started calling her Ara except her aunt she called Arabella just Bella. And Damon of course had to be different and called her Bels.

"Oh yeah, something personal came up." Bonnie nodded and just then the lesson began.

After the lesson they walked to lunch together and sat at the table with Caroline, Elena and Stefan. They all grabbed lunch and just started eating, when all of a sudden Caroline knocked a cup with water over on accident, and of course all the water landed on Arabella.

Arabella felt the water hit her lap and immediately ran to the bathroom and locked the whole room, right when she locked it she fell on the ground. The mermaid sighed and layed there thinking if it's even safe to go to a school.

"Ara? Are you okay. I'm sorry about the water. Let me in so I can help you dry yourself." Arabella layed on the floor and sighed.

"No, I got this. I've done this before, it's fine." After a while she heard Caroline's footsteps going in the other direction. Arabella held out her hand over her tail and made the water on her tail evaporate once again. A few minutes later she was walking back to the table.

"Is everything okay Ara?" Elena asked her when she sat back down at the table. The mermaid nodded and they continued like nothing happened although Caroline had a guilty look in her eyes.

After their last lesson Arabella was going to go home when she heard Elena shouting.

"Hey Ara are you coming to the beach with us? I know you can't swim but, It'll be fun it's just going to be a fun after noon with a few friends." Arabella thought for a second, what if she get water on her? What if something went wrong? What if she got too close with someone and told them too soon? After a few minutes of silence and questions in her mind she decided, she nodded and smiled a little being scared of what could happen.