Chapter 3: The Weight of Promises

The next morning she woke up with a pit in her stomach, there was something wrong she could just feel it. She put on some shorts with a tanktop and an oversized blouse. The mermaid walked downstairs smelling some delicious coffee, she got a cup handed to her as soon as she walked in the kitchen.

"Made some for you thought you could use it. How did you sleep Bella?" Lauren said in a half asleep tone, it was early for her. Arabella chuckled but liked that her aunt was interested.

"Thanks, and I slept fine. Just have a lot on my mind at the moment." She gave her aunt a small smile before she looked at the time.

"Shit I'm late, I got to go. See you later!" Lauren chuckled as her niece rushed out the door in a complete panic.

When Arabella got to school she saw Stefan in the hallway and decided to walk up to him.

"Hey Stef, sorry about yesterday. Just wanna help." He smiled a little.

"No apology needed Ara, I get it. So how are you do-" He was interrupted by a guy a little younger than them maybe 1, 2 years tops, he had brownish hair and beautiful dark brown eyes, he was quite handsome, Arabella thought to herself.

"If I need to cover for you and Elena a heads up would be nice next time." The young vampire looked at him, just when he was done talking he saw the young vampire standing there.

"Hello to you too, and I'm Arabella. I'm guessing by the looks of it your Elena's little brother? It's nice to meet you." She said as she saw the older vampire think about what Elena's little brother had just said.

"Oh yeah sorry, hi. I'm Jeremy, and yes I am Elena's little brother. It's nice to meet you Arabella." He smiled a little when he looked back at Stefan.

"But she wasn't with me." Jeremy looked confused, he thought his sister was with him. That's why he wasn't worried.

"What do you mean she wasn't with you?" He said in a distraught voice, his neck began to tens up. There was fear in his eyes, she could just see it.

"Wait so we don't know where she is? I'll get Bonnie to do a locaterspell." Stefan and Jeremy nodded and went to find an empty classroom and a map, as the blonde haired girl went to go get Bonnie. After a while of looking in classrooms she found her and signed her to come outside. When Bonnie was outside the young vampire took her to go to Stefan.

"Nobody has seen Elena, I think she might be kidnapped by one of those originals? Can you do a locaterspell?" Bonnie looked distraught as she saw Jeremy putting his blood on the map. She nodded and after a while of spelling she found her.

"She is there. I'm certain." Stefan sighed a little. "We need a more specific location." The witch shrugged her shoulders, "I can't get any more precise Stefan, I'm sorry." She said with a panic in her voice.

"It's small I'll look for any houses in the area." The little Gilbert said, Stefan nodded and walked outside and Arabella followed him.

"I'm coming too Stefan." He stopped but before he could say anything she heard Damon's voice behind her.

"No you won't, we'll handle this." He gently grabbed her shoulders trying to calm and reassure the little vampire but she wasn't bugging on this one. Her hands turned into fists and her head was filling with thoughts and ideas.

"No, I'm coming and frankly we don't have time to argue." The 2 brothers looked at each other for a while before they stepped in Damon's car and gestured for Arabella to come too. She smiled as she jumped in the backseat of the car as they drove off. The whole ride there the brothers were chatting but Arabella was zoned out, why didn't I just listen to my instinct, I could've told someone and this would all be less chaotic, she thought to herself.