June 15th - Online

~ June 15th: agender pride day ~
Definition: a person who doesn't have a gender.

~ June 15th: agender pride day ~Definition: a person who doesn't have a gender

*****

The online world was Alex Roy's safe place. It was sort of a getaway from the pain and sorrow of reality. Offline, people judged them by looks, said they dressed, behaved in the wrong way. But offline, they couldn't tell them their face and biological features mismatched their identity. They could be whoever they wanted to be, they didn't have to worry about people always standing behind their back and watching every move of theirs.

In real life, they were a broken mess. Every single thing in society seemed to be against them, and they simply couldn't do anything about it. Traditional gender roles and the discrimination they had to face because of them was something much bigger, much heavier, that they couldn't control. Even though they were out to most people they knew, even their closest relatives managed to just "forget" their identity and spoke to them as if they were still their little kid. As if nothing had changed at all. They cried a lot, they couldn't sleep, and felt like nobody understood them. But that was all before they discovered the wonders of the online world.

They finally felt like they were healing. They still hated every moment of reality, but now they had a place to go to, a place where they could talk to people who were going through the same thing as them. Even when they were alone, they weren't lonely. They were finally happy and ready to share their feelings with the world.

It was a Friday evening. Alex's mother was sitting on the couch, watching some episode of a crime series that only her husband could follow. But right now, he was kind of occupied with his phone, only God knows what he was doing there. The woman wished that Alex was here with her. But they were, as always, at their room, working on something they didn't want to tell their parents about. Unlike her husband, who seemed to not care very much about Alex, she was really upset they didn't talk anymore. They used to be so close, but now they couldn't have been further apart. She knew their kid had changed, and she really wanted to understand how. But nowadays, Alex just didn't give any chance to speak.

Suddenly, there were footsteps from the corridor, and a second later, the door of the living room opened. They both looked there and were stunned to find Alex standing at the entrance. She grabbed the controller and turned off the television, despite her husband's disagreement. But she felt like Alex had something important to tell them, and she didn't want to listen to the stupid series during it.

The teenager was just standing there, looking at their eyes seriously.

"Mum, Dad, I wrote a book about my experience as an agender person, and I would like you to read it sometime." they said and handed a stack of paper to their parents.

*****

2024. 06. 15.

Sorry I was very tired yesterday, but I will write it at some point.

Alexis <3