Chapter Twelve

*Italics are in English (Scottish accent)

Laid in bed, her phone screen illuminating her face, Jen was waiting for the plane to land, she knew they had already landed in London. Taehyung had messaged her, like she wasn't glued to the plane tracking app. Now she was waiting for them to touch down in Edinburgh.

Almost to the second when the plane arrived, Jen's senses began to feel their scents. She felt an odd feeling of a weight compressing her into relaxation. Cuddling into the pillow she held onto while she slept, her phone pinged with a message from Hoseok, to let her know they were safe and getting their bags. Another message came through about an hour later so she knew they were at the hotel. This was it. Her soulmates had arrived and were less than a fifteen minute walk away from where she lay, drifting into sleep.

———

"Ali!! I can't do this" Jen hissed into her phone.

"Yes. You can. It's just breakfast"

"No. I can't. I'm going home" Jen turned on her heel.

"Stop standing outside of the hotel like a weirdo and just go in. They told you their suite number. So get in the lift" Ali chastised over the phone.

"Fuck. I'm so nervous. I'm going to throw up"

"No you're not. Get in there"

"Fuck. I'm going in" Jen conceded, turning back around and walking into the lobby and just standing, psyching herself up.

"You'll be fine. Message me later. Love you" Ali said as Jen ended the call.

"Jennifer? Erm Jen Nim?" A low grumble of a whisper next to her startled her, but the eyes she was met with calmed her. Taehyung.

"Oooh Hello! Sorry. I erm...." She gestured, swallowing her nerves and her words as she bowed her head.

"I just wanted to come down and meet you" he took her hand in his, barely holding her fingers.

"Well. Thank you. Yes. Are you ok?" Jen flustered at the touch.

"I am now" he smiled as they walked into the elevator.

"Did you manage to sleep?" Jen asked trying to break the silent tension.

"I did. Did you sleep well?" He looked down at her.

"Umm. Not really. I was nervous"

"Me too" Taehyung squeezed her fingers that he was still holding.

Arriving at their hotel suite, she was greeted by them all like they were long lost friends. Hugs, head kisses, checking her over as though she might have an injury. All of them seemed so happy to see her, and it was a surprise. More of a surprise that she felt the same, she was happy. Happy to see them, smell them, hug them.

"We didn't order yet, we didn't know what you liked, or wondered if you could show us what's good?" Jungkook pointed at the menu on a tablet he was holding.

"That was kind. Thank you" Jen bowed her head.

"A menu. For Noona" Jimin smiled as he passed her the tablet.

"Why don't you order us something you think we would like?" Namjoon asked with a smile.

"Oh no, I couldn't. I wouldn't want you to have something you didn't like?" Jen looked at the menu with wide eyes.

"Why don't I help you?" Yoongi asked as he put his chin on her shoulder.

"Erm. Yeah. Yeah ok" Jen felt her cheeks flush. She felt as though she was so overwhelmed. She didn't know how to act, whether to sit down, stay standing up or run down the hall screaming. They were all looking at her, with curiosity or trying to assess the situation. She knew they were together but she didn't know the details. She felt it would be rude to ask, at least so soon.