The Day of Despair

It was horrible. Blood, everywhere. Dead bodies were laid on the ground, whether that be Magpie Assassin, Bear Gunners or Gorilla Brawlers. People living next to the Protection were always disturbed and never got sleep.

Outside the Protection was an absolute warzone, and the city always smelled like dead bodies. The only people to bring peace to the suppressed citizens were the force of Protection, and their lives were a living hell...most of the time. Sometimes they have comps to forget the pain of death, the horrors that may or may not lurk in the shadows, just waiting for you to make a wrong move so they can snap at your flesh.

Meanwhile
"God, if I don't get this shot right now I'm going to kill that Gunner with my own hands instead!" Thomas spoke. From his range, he immediately got the shot. By range, I meant about 1 km away. Thomas was an absolute unit when it came to range. Shooting turrets left and right. If he put on an extremely realistic bear costume, he would actually be able to pass as a bear gunner.

"You're good. But I'm better!" Kyle spoke from a distance, shooting down another Gunner. What he didn't realise however was that his range was half of Thomas's range. His unit was sword art.

However, what they didn't know was the Bear Gunners and Gorilla Brawlers were a mere distraction for the added attempts of Magpie Assassins trying to get through the Protection, most of which failed. Until today.

"CAW!CAW!CAAAAAAAWWWWW!" A Magpie Assassin spoke up. It had found a flaw in the forcefield. "Good job Soldier." the leader of the Magpie Assassins spoke, and gave him playful scratches, before all diving through the forcefield, exploiting the flaw, and killing innocent people. Thus, starting the Day of Despair.

It was senseless slaughter, that's all it really was. All were being killed left and right. The innocent were screaming, their horrified voices so blood curdling that they echoed through the entire town of Korma, being swooped down on by Magpie Assassins left and right. The bloodshed. The riot. The death. It was unstoppable.

The voices of survivors in bunkers were so traumatized that none would believe it until they heard them. The streets were strewn, houses obliterated and the city of Korma smelled even more disgusting than before. Little hope was found. All until humanity provided the training association with humanity's last hope, Kai Bean.