Chapter 10

By the next afternoon, I thought everything had calmed down, to be bombarded at five p.m. that not only had Jenna and her team not only found yet another bus load of kids but had also found a small group of federal agents who had been roaming around the country side. They had managed to get everyone tested, thanks to advancements in technology, which I was thankful for. It would make everyone's job a bit easier if we knew what we were looking at. One of the girls traveling with the federal agents was a full on black, which was surprising since she would be the second black with all their powers to be driven into the camp. Although I was happy that another bus was found and could be rescued, but I wish it hadn't happened a few days after we got another bus full of kids and after discovering two more blacks yesterday.

I barely had enough time to go through my daily chores and eat dinner before I was on the main street waiting for Jenna and her crew to show up. Jenna only had five workers with her right now in her crew, including herself. Two adults and two kids. All five were picked up together. The two girls in the group, Bianca, and Sara, parents called them into the PSF's. Before they could be taken in the three adults had grabbed the kids, shoved them in a work van and drove away. They decided to join the search teams not long after they showed up here. The other two adults, John, and Robert had been wildlife experts before they showed up and was a great contribution to the team.

I was waiting in the sun for the team to show up when Mirable and Ziva walked up beside me. I blinked in surprise as they came to a stop. Among all the people I expected to show up, it wasn't these two. Despite all odds they had taken the gaining more powers deal pretty good last night and had started going to practice's this morning. Thankfully none more had shown up on Ziva's brain scans.

"Hey," I said, and got a good look at both girls. Both girls looked tired, and kind of pale.

"Hey," Ziva said nicely.

"What are you two doing out here? I thought you were supposed to be in practice class."

"It's my job to be here," Mirable said, in a duh tone. I looked down at Ziva and she quickly explained.

"I have enough green friends to know how their powers work," Ziva said with a shrug. "Besides I wanted to see when a bus came in." I opened my mouth to argue but shut it after a second. I wasn't in the mood to argue, and quite honestly, I wanted to keep an eye on the girl. She was trying to act tough, but I could see through the act, and I could see the scared little girl she really was.

"Fine, then you can go join Charlie," I said, and she nodded in agreement. My walkie talkie buzzed, and I addressed the small group who were waiting for Jenna's team. "Look alive everyone." Everyone stirred and started paying attention to the gate. The gate swung open, and a truck pulling a horse trailer pulled through it, stopping maybe ten feet in front of me. "Stay here," I told Ziva, and walked around the side of the trailer to open the door. As I reached the end of the trailer, I saw Bianca and Sara were standing up waiting to be let out. I walked around the end and unlocked the door, pulling it open to let them out. Both Bianca and Sara jumped out of the back and landed with a soft thud. I looked around them and into the back.

There were the usual hundred or so kids pushed further into the back, with eight adults sitting between the door and the kids. The youngest was a thirty-year-old black woman while the oldest was a white man dressed in a suit who was easily in his nineties. I used my powers to lift him up and gently set him down on the ground out of the way. The woman with black hair next to the two kids is the one who's paralyzed,' Sara thought to me, and I gave one sharp nod in understanding. I used my powers to pick her up and set her onto the wheelchair that Sara had brought over to me.