(New Jeans) Daerin

This is a part two of the Bbangsaz story

Fluff chapter / Dani pov

When Hanni and I got back from the book store, my mind was in shambles. I had been crushing on Haerin for what seemed like forever, and all of a sudden, thanks to Hanni's recklessness, I had Haerin's number and had no idea what to do with it. Pacing back and forth around my room, totally forgetting about the homework that was due tomorrow, solely focusing on what the heck I was meant to do about the cat girl situation before I got a text. I almost tripped on something I had on the floor as I was rushing to my phone.

"Hello. This is Haerin. Are you the girl that was talking to Minji for your friend? Dani right?"

"Yeah, I'm Dani."

I responded quickly without thinking, afraid my thoughts would get the best of me. Both my mind and heart were racing as I was trying to think of something to say as the message bubble on my screen stopped pulsating and a new message appeared. 

"Would you like to go feed duckies at a pond with me tomorrow after school?" Haerin asked over the screen. 

I couldn't help but giggle at Haerin's silly question. Feeding duckies for a first date sounded random but cute, just like Haerin herself.

"Sure! That sounds great. Where would u like to meet?" I questioned.

"At the back of the south wing, by the ice cream machine." She responded.

"kk!" I replied before turning my phone over and hoping she wouldn't text me again. 

~

I was thinking of buying an ice cream for myself and Haerin while waiting for her to arrive, but when I got to the machine, she was already there with two ice creams in her hand sitting on a bench, wearing a white crop top, a light blue sweater and some blue baggy jeans. I had completely forgotten everything I had planned in my head to say the second I saw her. This was not helping my nerves at all. 

"I got ice cream, but I didn't know what flavor you like so I just got you strawberry and vanilla. Sorry if you don't like it." Said Haerin, standing up from the bench and walking over to me, handing me the ice cream.

"Aw! You didn't have to buy me any.  Strawberry's my favorite though." I said giving her a bright smile and immediately shoving a spoonful of the ice cream in my mouth, trying to hide the very noticeable pink all over my face. A small smile appeared on Haerin's face as a light pink made it's way to her cheeks just like mine.

"So, where are those duckies?" I asked as we were walking towards the metro stop.

"When we get on the metro, we wait for two stops and when we get off we follow a little trail for like three minutes to a pond." She said blankly taking the last spoon of her ice cream getting it below her nose, giving her an ice cream mustache. I giggled at her before using my sleeve to clean it off  of her face. She turned bright pink as her eyes sparkled before she turned away to look for a trash can so we could throw away the ice cream cups.

~

On the metro, we weren't talking, although it wasn't awkward. We were sitting in a comfortable silence as the trees and buildings passed us outside the rain covered, foggy metro window. She layed her head on my shoulder and I stiffened up due to the unexpectedness of her action. I quickly tried to compose myself and relax, so she wouldn't notice. I placed my hand on her thigh and looked away, acting as if I never did anything. I felt her head tilt up to look at me then looked back down and placed one of her hands on mine. 

~

"If you're quiet enough, you can hear the duckies and birds talk to each other." Said Haerin, dragging me by my hand towards her wonderful nature escape. I giggled before closing my eyes and becoming quiet. She was right. It was almost as if the city sounds were never there to begin with. You could hear the water stream flowing into the pond from the river, the wind blowing and whistling through the leaves and branches of the trees towering over our heads, and the birds communicating with each other through chirps and high pitched trills. I opened my eyes to the sight of the cat girl, staring attentively into my eyes as if they were the best movie ever made by man kind. My cheeks flushed red as she leaned in closer to my face. I thought she was going to kiss me but instead, she put her index finger on the mole under my left eye.

"Pretty." She said and walked off towards the pond. I stood there for a moment dumbfounded by this mysterious cat's actions and thoughts. I tried to ignore the thought of her lip- I mean face so close to mine and followed behind her. When we got to the pond she sat down on a bench and pulled out a couple loaves of bread in a ziplock bag from her backpack. I found it a little silly that she had brought bread just for the ducks, but I didn't mind, instead I found it cute. She handed me a loaf of the bread and started separating hers into smaller pieces for the ducks to be able to eat them. I did the same and threw a piece at one of them. The duck scattered away in shock and fear because of how startled it got when the piece of bread hit its foot.

"Aw no the duckie. You gotta put the bread in your hand and wait for the duck to trust you enough to approach you and grab the bread from your hand with its beak." Haerin explained to me while giving me one of her bread crumbs and placing it in my hand, holding it.

"But what if it bites my hand." I questioned while ducking down and kneeling on the rock pebbles, looking at the ducks.

"Trust me they won't. They're only interested in the food." Haerin said. I stuck my hand out, waiting for one of the ducks to come and eat the piece of bread. Eventually, one of them came up to me and hurriedly snatched away the piece of bread from my grasp. I squinted my eyes and looked away in fear. The duck took the bread and left me. 

"See? It only took the bread and left you alone." Said Haerin before walking over to me and grabbing my hand yet again. The same pink blush crept up on her cheeks before she let go and turned back around to continue feeding the ducks.

~

After a while, we ran out of bread and decided to walk around the mall for a while since we both didn't have homework and wanted to get to know each other better. We found a cute little Hello Kitty shop and just as I was going to suggest we go in there, Haerin said she needed to use the restroom. I decided to take the time I was supposed to spend waiting, and use it to buy her a gift. I ended up buying a gudetama plushy and waited for her in the same spot as I was told to. She came back about a minute later with a Hello Kitty plushy in her hand. We both looked at each other confused and thats when it hit me. We both lied to each other about where we were going and ended up buying each other something. 

"I thought you went to the bathroom?" I questioned trying to hide the very visible stuffed ani- more like stuffed egg behind my back.

"Umm, I wanted to get you something." She said handing out the Hello Kitty in her hand. I tried as hard as I could to hold in the laugh begging to be let out as I revealed the gudetama I was trying so desperately to hide. For the first time like ever, I saw her smile so bright she was showing teeth. I've never seen Kang Haerin smile so hard, and she looked so pretty doing it. The  blush on my cheeks corroded my face for what felt like the billionth time that day as we exchanged gifts.

~

It was around 7pm and the sun had just set, we were now on the way to her house as I was going to drop her off. We were about a block away from her house when I felt like I needed to get it off my chest. I had to ask her if she wanted to be my girlfriend. I let go of the hand I was holding and stopped walking. She turned to look at me with a confused expression that soon turned into a concerned expression when she noticed how anxious I was. 

"What's wrong, dani?" She asked.

"D- Do you wanna be my girlfriend? I- I Know we barely know each other and if you need more time to think about it, I totally understand. Or if you don't wanna be my girlfriend at all that's cool t-" My sentence was cut off by Haerin pulling me into a horrifyingly strong hug. For a girl who looks like a cat, she hugs like a bear. 

"Does that mean ye-" I was once again cut off by her soft lips landing on mine. It was a quick, short peck kiss, but I was still left dumbfounded and smiling like an idiot.

"You still wondering if I mean yes?" She questioned before walking in the direction of her house. I stumbled over my words until my senses came back to me.

"S- See you at school tomorrow Kitty Kang." I yelled at the top of my lungs, hoping she would still hear me even though she was already across the street.

Word count: 16 hundred

I FIND THIS SO CUTE HGOYUFOYUFOTDCOYUCTDOTCUYGH