Lucy's Gift

After that the two had went home and fallen asleep pretty much instantly. It seemed Lucy had tired out the both of them with her.. eccentricity. And that led them to now, both Claudia and Rosalyn were lying in bed. Rosalyn was behind Claudia and she had her arms around Claudia's midsection while their legs tangled together.

Rosalyn's long hair was spread out behind her, not unlike a lions mane. Today there was no sun, only clouds and the sound of rain hitting the windows. Thanks to the lack of sun, Claudia and Rosalyn were able to sleep in without the sun shining directly into their eyes.

Rani was also sleeping peacefully, she had decided not to go outside that night since it had started raining. Claudia had figured out very quickly, Rani hated rain.

Who knew where Rowan was. Claudia had also learned very early that, unlike Rani, Rowan did not like to stay inside very much. Regardless of if it was raining, snowing, or if it felt like the power of a thousand suns was beating down on them, he was outside.

Rosalyn took a deep breath against Claudia's back and nuzzled further into her. She gripped Claudia tighter, trying to bring her as close as humanly possible and Claudia grumbled in her sleep.

Claudia opened her eyes and tried to stretch, realizing she couldn't due to Rosalyn's grasp on her.

"Rose.." Claudia said as she nudged Rosalyn's arm.

Claudia was beginning to feel a very familiar pressure in her stomach.

"Rosalyn let me go.." Claudia tried wiggling out of Rosalyn's hold to no avail.

"No." Rosalyn mumbled.

"Please? I have to pee" Claudia replied.

After hearing that Rosalyn instantly released Claudia. Claudia laughed and went to go do her business. When she came back Rosalyn was right where she'd left her.

"Should I make breakfast today? You can sleep in if you want" Claudia asked.

Rosalyn sat up and rubbed her eyes, Claudia moved to be next to the bed and she smoothed Rosalyn's messy hair. It was oddly reminiscent of Claudia's first night here.

"No, it's not worth sleeping in if you're not next to me" Rosalyn replied.

"If you say so, I think you need the rest though" Claudia said.

"Is this what I sound like when I'm scolding you for not resting enough?" Rosalyn laughed.

Claudia smiled and Rosalyn got up from the bed. Claudia got up on her tiptoes, trying to tell Rosalyn she wanted a kiss without actually telling her. Fortunately Rosalyn got the message and leaned down to meet her.

"I'm glad you're becoming more confident" Rosalyn said after they'd separated.

"Am I more confident?" Claudia asked.

She hadn't really noticed how much she'd changed since coming here.

"Oh definitely, I don't think you realize just how shy and fragile you were when you first came to me" Rosalyn said.

The two shared one last kiss before making breakfast and doing their normal morning routine. After Claudia did the dishes she spotted Rosalyn peeking outside the window.

"It doesn't seem the weather will let us go outside today. And unfortunately I don't have any orders to complete right now, it looks like it's going to be a rather boring day doesn't it?" She said.

Then a loud thud was heard at the door. Claudia jumped, it was good she'd finished doing the dishes otherwise she would've dropped a plate. A rapid tapping sound soon followed the thud.

"It seems I've spoke too soon.." Rosalyn mumbled.

Claudia and Rosalyn cautiously made their way to the door. Who would be all the way out here in the rain? Rosalyn slowly grasped the door knob and turned it. The anticipation was killing Claudia.

"Just open it!" Claudia said.

Rosalyn flung the door open and gasped, keeping Claudia behind her.

"..who is it..?" Claudia whispered.

"Oh it's just Rowan" Rosalyn said.

"What?! I thought it was a killer or something!" Claudia exclaimed.

Rosalyn laughed and swept a wet Rowan into her arms.

"I'm sorry dear- oh? What did you bring Rowan?" Rosalyn began apologizing but she'd spotted something on the ground.

Claudia peeked around Rosalyn and saw a basket, one that didn't belong to Rosalyn. Rosalyn bent down and picked it up, there was a colored bottle inside the basket along with a note attached to it.

Rosalyn walked inside and shut the door. She set Rowan down on his perch where he instantly began to shake the water off himself. Both Rosalyn Claudia raised her arm to shield her face from the water droplets.

"You couldn't have waited a few seconds?!" Rosalyn exclaimed.

After he was done Rosalyn sighed and Rowan just looked at her with a very satisfied look on his face. Don't ask how Claudia knew he looked satisfied, she could just see it in his eyes.

After that Rosalyn took the basket to the table and grabbed the bottle. The bottle was purple so it was impossible to see the liquid inside. Rosalyn shook the bottle, it was about half full.

Rosalyn took the note off the bottle and read it.

'Dear Rosalyn,'
'drink it'
-Lucy and Theodora.

"What do you think it is?" Claudia asked.

"Well I guess there's only one way to find out" Rosalyn replied.

"You're really going to drink it??" Claudia asked.

"Why not? I know it's nothing dangerous. While Lucy may be a bit mad, she wouldn't hurt me" Rosalyn said.

Rosalyn popped off the cork keeping the bottle closed and peeked inside. She showed Claudia its contents too. Inside the bottle was a pink, sparkly, liquid.

"It looks like a unicorn vomited into a bottle" Claudia said.

Rosalyn laughed, she set the bottle down so as to not drop it in her fit.

"Yes I suppose it does" was her response.

After she was done laughing she picked up the bottle again and brought it to her lips. She tipped her head back and drank the whole thing. Claudia was still worried about what its effects would be, but if Rosalyn trusted it then so did she.

"I don't feel any different. Perhaps it takes a while to take effect" Rosalyn said.

Rosalyn moved to sit on the bed, patiently waiting for the potions effect.

"I wonder if it's that transformation spell we made.. or maybe it's a joke and nothing will happen at all" Rosalyn pondered.

Claudia became even more concerned at this. What transformation spell was she talking about?

"Oh don't look so worried dear, the worst that can happen is I turn into a frog for a few hours" Rosalyn said.

Claudia moved to sit next to her, realizing all she could do was wait until something happened.

"Well, would you like to read together until something happens?"