Basics With The Witch

Claudia awoke to the sun shining directly in her eyes, she instantly grumbled and turned around to get comfortable again. She was about to fall asleep again, but she remembered she wasn't in her bed, at her house, she was in Rosalyn's house, in Rosalyn's bed. She quickly sat up at that thought.

She heard Rosalyn's laughter from in front of her and she looked in that direction, seeing Rosalyn standing near the table.

"Well good morning sleeping beauty."

Claudia blushed. She knew she probably didn't look the best, having just woke up. She got up and attempted to fix her outfit and smooth her hair, but Rosalyn came over and started fixing her hair for her. After finishing, she looked like she just had a sudden revelation.

"Oh I hope I'm not being too forward, if I am please tell me. I've been on my own for quite a while and it seems I've developed a tendency to say and do whatever pops into my head."

"The last thing I want to do is make you uncomfortable, so if you are don't hesitate to let me know" she said.

"Oh you don't make me uncomfortable at all,"

"quite the opposite actually" Claudia replied sheepishly.

"Oh I'm glad to hear that!" Rosalyn smiled.

Perhaps it was her imagination, but Claudia swore she saw Rosalyn's cheeks turn pink at her words.

"but I am curious.. how long have you been out here?" Claudia changed the subject.

"Hm.. it's been so long I don't remember.." Rosalyn paused.

"Maybe two hundred years?"

"Two hundred?!" Claudia exclaimed.

Rosalyn laughed, "Yes, witches can live a very long time my dear"

"Now come along for breakfast, well lunch, you slept for quite a while but I didn't want to wake you up. It looked like you needed the sleep" Rosalyn said, dragging Claudia to the table where a plate of food was waiting for her.

Claudia ate the eggs, bacon, and toast Rosalyn made her. Not without Rowan attempting to steal her toast of course. In the end Rosalyn practically threw him outside and he flew away to do who knows what.

Claudia thought about what Rosalyn said. She knew she was older than her, but goodness, (yes Claudia unironically says goodness me) she didn't think she'd be over two hundred years old. She didn't think that was possible, even for a witch. If Claudia was going to become a witch she'd better prepare for an extra long lifespan.

Now there was just one more that was weighing on Claudia's mind.

"Where did you sleep last night?" She asked.

"You're still worried about that? You really are a sweetheart, but you don't need to worry about me" Rosalyn replied.

Seeing Claudia's face become even more troubled, Rosalyn laughed.

"If you must know I slept in the window nook. It's quite comfortable, I fall asleep there often" she said.

Claudia somewhat relaxed at this.

"I think the bed is big enough for us both, we could share" Claudia suggested.

"Unless you don't want to! It's okay if you don't!" She exclaimed, she didn't want Rosalyn to feel like she had to.

"Oh it's not that I don't want to dear. I actually thought of doing that, but like I said I know I can be very forward and I didn't want to make you uncomfortable is all" Rosalyn replied.