˚⊱ 18. | ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴘʀᴇꜱꜱᴜʀᴇ ⊰˚

With each day that passed, Kana's resolve grew stronger. After the emotional conversation she had had with Mitsuya, she had felt a renewed sense of purpose.

She had returned to school, but things had changed. The gossip and rumors that had once made her feel alienated and insecure no longer held the same power over her. She walked those halls with her head held high, not fearing the whispers and stares anymore.

Armed with the confidence and reassurance gained from that heartfelt conversation with Mitsuya, Kana now refused to accept her so-called destiny. She knew she was stronger than she had ever been before.  She stood up straighter, her gaze steady and unwavering. The whispers and rumors no longer caused her to question herself. Instead, she felt a determination surging within her. She wouldn't buckle under the pressure. She would defy the odds.

Mitsuya and Takemichi's words of support bolstered her even further. She took each word to heart, letting them fuel her resolve. With their unwavering faith, she gained her tough composure back. She wasn't going to let anything or anyone stand in her way. No challenge or obstacle was too daunting. She would face it head-on, determined to defy her fate.

Piece by piece, they were going to figure this all out. And she wasn't going to back down until they did.

The day went smoothly for Kana. No one bothered her. The whispers and sidelong glances she had grown accustomed to had vanished.

Throughout the day, she walked the halls, navigated her classes, and conversed with classmates without any issue. There were no attempts at humiliation or mockery. She felt a sense of relief and satisfaction settle upon her.

Kana walked down the halls of the school, her bag in her hands and her her steps carrying her better. The halls were quiet and empty, the last bell having rang only minutes ago. As she turned the corner, her eyes immediately landed on Yuzuha, who was leaning against a locker further down the hallway.

Yuzuha looked up from her phone and immediately spotted Kana turning the corner. Her face immediately lit up with a big smile, and she quickly pushed off the locker and dashed towards her.

Seeing Yuzuha running towards her, arms open wide, brought a genuine smile to Kana's face. She had missed this carefree, joyful expression on her best friend. Without saying a word, she tackled Kana into a tight hug, nearly sending both of them crashing to the ground, her arms wrapping around Kana like a boa constrictor. "You're here!" she exclaimed, her voice filled with a mix of excitement and relief. "I'm so happy to see you, you have no idea."

Kana chuckled softly at Yuzuha's enthusiastic reaction. "Calm down, Yuzuha," she teased, patting her friend on the back. "I've been back for a few days now. You're reacting as if I've been away for months."

Yuzuha gripped her tightly. "I missed you like crazy, you know that? The last few days just weren't the same without you." She loosened her grip on her, her hold slightly less bone-crushing this time. "Seriously though, it's good to see you back. You look better."

Kana returned the hug with equal enthusiasm. "It's good to be back," she replied, her voice soft and sincere.

Yuzuha's comment about her appearance didn't go unnoticed. Kana chuckled softly. "And what's this about looking better? Was I looking bad before?" she quipped, arching an eyebrow at her best friend playfully.

Yuzuha laughed, rolling her eyes at Kana's quip. "Oh please, you know you've always looked good." She took a step back, giving her friend a critical once-over. "But I wasn't kidding," she continued, her tone serious. "You do look different. Like, stronger. More... fierce, I guess."

"Stronger, huh?" Kana echoed, a smirk tugging at the corners of her lips. "You make me sound like some sort of warrior or something."

Yuzuha shrugged, a cheeky glint in her eyes. "Well, you've always been feisty, but lately... you seem more... intense." She stepped closer again, her gaze not leaving Kana's face. "Don't think I haven't noticed how you've been avoiding everyone's stares and whispers. And how you've been walking around like you own the place."