The Palace of Lust

Summary: Helping Ren be ready for his first day at Shujin Academy, he and Sonic ended up activating the Meta-Nav that led them into experiencing the Metaverse. Upon being imprisoned by the shadow of a PE teacher, Ren awakens his persona... and meets a certain cat.

-- Entry Chapter: IV --

INT. Cafe LeBlanc (makeshift room/attic) - Monday, April 11th (7:01 AM, Morning)

Yesterday was a melancholic fiasco regarding the subway incident. There wasn't much to do after that for a certain raven-haired teen and the blue blur themselves... there was just silence until it was time to hit the hay...

That was when morning drew in. The sunlight slowly merges from the skies.

In this very attic - a makeshift room - Ren was seen sleeping on his bed with Sonic lying on the floor with the former's sleeping bag. It was only a moment that Ren woke up and yawned, then he look down at the resting hedgehog.

He had a rather rough night since yesterday.

Getting up, Ren began making the bed before he proceeds to gently approach the sleeping hedgehog. He nudged him a bit.

Ren: Morning, Sonic. It's time to get up.

Sonic: Mmmmh..... five more minutes..... scratch that... wake me till 8AM.

Ren: Come on, now. My classes will begin by 9AM.

Sonic: Mmh... the point being?

Ren: This would be a good opportunity to help and guide you with what you need to do, that even includes testing out your rings more often.

Hearing this, Sonic slowly got up from the sleeping bag and exposes his rather messy quills by the back of his head. He started yawning.

He ruffles his hair a bit and rubbing his eyes, then facing Ren.

Sonic: *yawning louder* Alright, alright... I'm up now... but I don't feel like spending the day... really...

Sonic still felt unnerved and a bit sad over yesterday, which Ren picked up any notice and lay a hand to his right shoulder.

Ren: Sonic, we'd promise to help each other in these situations, remember? Like I said, one by one, then your chance will come.

He reassured the hedgehog, knowing how much the confidence he has was temporarily gone. He knew that the same look in the hedgehog's eyes say otherwise.

Sonic: I guess... but you said it yourself, you have your first day at school. I'd hate to be a bother if you skip just to help me.

Ren: That's alright, because you can come with, only if you like to. Maybe we can start from there, let you explore the place a bit but try not to get caught.

The hedgehog took time to think about Ren's offer for him. To himself, Sonic couldn't bring about the idea of stepping outside into the real world after what happened. Then again, he did want to prove his place here before finding the means to ever make it back to Green Hills... whether through be guided or finding Eggman depends.

For now, the hedgehog made his decision.

Sonic: Alright. I'll tag along... just for today, that is.

Ren: Good to hear. Now you can wait outside if you like... I'll just get dressed and maybe find a way to leave you a portion of my breakfast.

Sonic: That's alright, Ren. I'm not too hungry for the moment.