The Sunnah of Eid Adha عيدالأضحى

Yawmul Ahad

Yawmul Ahad. 10th day of Dhul-Hijjah, 1445AH (Sunday, 16th June 2024). *_SUNNAH WAY OF EIDUL ADHAR_*. EID MUBARAK TO YOU ALL.

BismilLahir Rahmanir Raheem.

The Prophet (Sallallaahu 'Alayhi wa sallam) delivering a khutbah saying: "The first thing to be done on this day (first day of Eid-ul-Adha) is to pray; and after returning from the prayer we slaughter our sacrifices (in the name of ALLAH), and whoever does so, he has acted according to our sunnah. (Kitaabul-'Eidayn, Bukhari).

Eid-ul-Adhar is celebrated from the 10th through 13th day of Dhul Hijjah, the 13th month of the lunar calendar. Meaning the sacrifice can be done on any of the 4 days but preferably on the 1st eid day which is today 10th day of Dhul-Hijjah.

On the way to the Eid prayer, while waiting for it and on the way back from the prayer one should recite the following takbeer as much as possible:

Allaahu akbar - Allaahu akbar - Laa ilaaha illallaahu - wal-laahu akbar Allaahu akbar wa lil-laahil-hamd

(ALLAH is the Greatest; ALLAH is the Greatest; There is none worthy of worship except ALLAH; And ALLAH is the Greatest, ALLAH is the Greatest and for ALLAH is all praise.)

It is the tradition of the Prophet (Sallallaahu 'Alayhi wa sallam) to go to the prayer by one way and return by another. The takbeer-e-tashreeq above is also to be recited after every fard prayer beginning from the Fajr prayer of the 9th to the 'Asr prayer of the 13th of Dhul Hijjah. Perform ghusl before going out to the prayer. It is recommended not to eat anything until one comes back from the prayer if you are sacrificing. If you are not going to offer a sacrifice there is nothing wrong with eating before the prayer.

There is no sunnah salaat before the imam starts. Everyone should go even if you are in your monthly cycle but don't be part of the prayer. Recite the zikir and then wait around the field and join them back home to gain the rewards of Eid prayer in shaa ALLAH. Please remember me in your dua. May ALLAH aid us through and accept our little efforts. Aameen. *_Eid Mubarak to you all_*. JazaakumulLaahu Khairan for all eid wishes. Unfortunately I cannot respond to each person as I'm receiving in hundreds so I say EID MUBARAK TO YOU ALL.