Chapter 2: The First Battle

Nile arrived at the site of the gate, his heart pounding in his chest. The scene was chaotic, with civilians running in panic and a few novice hunters struggling to hold back the wave of monsters emerging from the portal.

Drawing on the knowledge now ingrained in his mind, Nile assessed the situation quickly. The monsters were low-level, but their numbers were overwhelming the inexperienced hunters. He needed to act.

Nile raised his hand, and a torrent of fire erupted from his palm, incinerating the front line of monsters. The hunters and civilians alike stared in astonishment as he moved with precision and confidence, dispatching the creatures with ease.

As the last monster fell, a notification appeared in Nile's field of vision, a holographic screen that only he could see.

"Level Up. New Skill Acquired: Combat Insight.

"The hunters approached him, awe evident on their faces. "Who are you?" one of them asked.

"Nile Van," he replied, realizing he would need to establish his identity in this new world. "Just someone trying to help.

"Before they could ask more questions, another notification appeared.

"Urgent: High-level gate detected. Level B. Immediate assistance required.

"Nile's heart skipped a beat. A Level B gate was far more dangerous. But he couldn't back down now. With a nod to the hunters, he turned and headed towards the new threat.

To be continued...