Chapter 9: The Ice Cream Incident

Late Evening

Vale

Y/N was walking through the streets of Vale, looking for the ice cream parlor to buy the 50 lb. tub of ice cream, following the direction Neo had given him before. 'It says down here and make a left'. Y/N was getting used to the layout of the city a bit more, it was more comfortable than the wastelands of Golgonda. 'It would be nice to settle down here after...' After what? When will this end, he still had to "fix the balance of the world."

As he passed a crosswalk he looked down the streets to see Weiss, is that Jaune? The two were in front of a very expensive-looking store. Jaune was barely visible through all the bags, Y/N quickly ducked behind cover seeing as he left his mask back at the warehouse. 'Knowing Jaune he probably asked her on a date and she took him shopping.' Y/N continued walking down the street until he found the shop he was looking for.

The shop had a moderate look to it compared to the rest of the shops around it. "Bubblegum's Castle, here it is." Y/N entered the store, looking around the interior matched the outside.

(Shout out to Adventure Time)

"I'm sorry we're about to clo-" The shop owner recognized Y/N from earlier in the day, and he gave her a wave. "Oh, you again." Y/N waved at her "Hello, sorry I was hoping to buy another 50 lb. of Neapolitan." She raised her eyebrow "What happened to the other one?"

"I...uh spilled it." She gave him a blank look "I'll get another one in the back." Y/N was surprised she had another one and she could tell. "Neo's a frequent customer here." Y/N was about to ask another question but he was cut off.

"How do I know it's for Neo? Only one person orders a 50 lb. tub of Neapolitan here every week." Y/N paused for a moment before giving her a nod.

Y/N played with his scroll as he waited only for the owner to return but it wouldn't be a peaceful wait. Kicking down the door were 3 White Fang members' guns raised. "Everyone on the ground!"

Y/N gave a blank stare at the members "Who robs an ice cream parlor?" The 3 looked at each other before one hit Y/N in the face. "Shut up!" White Fang #1 said as the other 2 started to tie up Y/N and the employees. 'I hate this city.'

Y/N watched as one of the members went in the back to look for the owner and the other two started to empty the register and carry the bags of cash to the back. "W-What are you going to do to us?" One of the employees frightened managed to ask as the other WF came back and threw the owner with the rest of us. "To Him." He points at Y/N "Nothing, we are only here to show what happens when you leave the White Fang and the people around you."

He pointed his gun at the owner as she glared at him. "What Adam was doing was wrong. The Fang was never meant to be a ran the way it is now!" They laughed at her "He's leading our species to freedom, we don't need backstabbers running around freely if they won't help our cause." He cocked his gun and aimed it at her head "Don't make too much of a mess." WF #2 said "What does it matter? We aren't the janitors."

BANG

The store owner and the employees closed their eyes as the shot rang out. "What the?" The Owner opened her eyes to see she was alive and was covered by something. Everyone was surprised to see a giant wing covering the Owner, the bullet dropping to the ground, looking at where it came from Y/N was staring at them. "What kind of freak are you?" WF #3 let out "Shut up and fill him with lead!" They began to fire at Y/N.

(I recommend playing Live in Life by Will Stetson)

Y/N sprouted both of his wings to cover him and the employees. After a few seconds, the hail of bullets came to a halt. The employees had been left unscratched while Y/N had a bullet in between his teeth. "My turn~" Y/N leaped forward kicking WF #1 to the side. "Huh?!" White Fang #2 let out as Y/N still tied up slammed him into the ground with his wing cracking the tile. "Who are y-" Y/N kneed WF #3 in the face hitting him into the display rank "Goal!"