Prologue

My mother always said it was in my blood to be cruel. I was so focused on proving her wrong, I hadn't realized she was right all this time.

The wild cheers from the crowd of Los Rebeldes busted my eardrums after giving my final blow to my opponent, which is a nukite spear hand on his neck causing him to fall to the ground—drop dead. The sound of his body falling made a loud thud at the base of the underground ring we were fighting on.

I glanced at the insolent fool who dared to challenge the Luna Nera—at least that's what most of the people here call me. His left eye was open, the right one had a black eye, his nose was bleeding and dislocated, his lips were full of cuts, his cheeks were also bleeding due to the cuts I gave him using my shurikens, and his mouth was pouring out a vast amount of red liquid.

In short, I fucked his face up. Normal people would throw up immediately after seeing his gut wrenching appearance, but for individuals like us who grew up witnessing worse scenarios, it was as if it was considered the new normal.

I slowly lifted my head up, smirking with my bleeding lip and the side of my forehead dripping with my own blood as I did so. The cheers became wilder when the host lifted up my right arm indicating that I had won.

"Luna Nera had successfully claimed her victory to the Los Rebeldes once again!"

The winning sound buzzed all throughout the room, some people were hitting their tables creating beats, and some were grinning in pleasure as they received their bets, the latter did the opposite—gritting their teeth, frowning as they surrendered their money.

I should feel pain, I need to feel pain. But all I felt was numbness and satisfaction. Numb, maybe because I take in pain almost everyday and satisfaction because once more, I was able to please the people around me.

I exist merely because I have to. I am obligated to do so. Freedom does not persist in my vocabulary. That's what I have grown to think for the past three hellish years during my stay with my mother.

Not until Kaiji disguised as Keiji, my butler in the empire of Japan that Azuri, my mother assigned to serve me. They're identical twins. Kaiji was ordered by The Crown of Legion to serve me, making him my main butler.

Kaiji basically told me that my father and brothers will come here to get me back from my mother's grasp. He said that my grandfather, the emperor of Spain, won the trial against the emperor of Japan regarding the situation I am in. But knowing the Clan of Kanaeru, they won't go down without a fight. They won't let me escape from their hold, which is why the clan of De Luca is assembled to help me escape.

Tinungo ko ang pintuan ng nagmistulang kulongan dahil sa mga wire na disenyo nito. Tumatagaktak ang pawis sa aking noo at likod dahil sa init at pagod. Ang mga ilaw ay humahalili sa kulay na pula, asul, berde,lila, rosas at dilaw sa bawat minutong lumilipas. Nakatanggap ako ng mga papuri sa bawat taong nadadaanan ko ngunit walang ninuman ang nagtangkang hawakan ang aking katawan.

" Anata no sukiru wa aikawarazu kyai-tekidesu!"
( Your skills are as astounding as ever! ) Sambit ng matandang hapones na nakasalubong ko, I gave him my middle finger and acted as if I am cutting my neck in response. Plastik 'to ah? I can still remember how he talked shit behind my back after I lost once. Para namang natakot dahil biglang nawalan ng kulay ang kanyang mukha at tumakbo paalis.

Mga tao nga naman, pag may nagawa kang hindi nila gusto ng isang beses lang ay pagsasalitaan ka na agad ng masama tapos kapag naman napagbigyan sila ay biglang nagiging maamo na tuta.

"Le diste a ese violador asesino lo que se mercer­a, Devika! " ( You gave that rapist killer what he deserved, Devika! ) Zendaya, the gorgeous tanned Spanish reaper of the Dela Veda Mafia remarked as I walked past her.