Chapter 2

Welcome Party

Riev⬆️

I woke up to the relaxing rhythm of the waterfalls and the
sound of the waves crashing through the shore. My eyes welcomed the rays of sun that were slipping through the windows. My eyes wandered throughout my room, trying to catch a glimpse of Devon, however, he was nowhere to be found.

"He left me like I'm one of his hoes, that shithead." I murmured while making my way to the balcony. The view was a sight to behold; it was warm and it gave me a sense of freedom. On the other hand, Aizo Domain, where we resided in Japan, is the complete opposite.

I closed my eyes, letting the air flow through my disheveled hair. I let out a heavy breath. "Ano kaya ang sunod na galaw ng mga Kanaeru?" I muttered to myself. Every second that passes hunts me. May lumalalim ang peligrong parating.

My thoughts were interrupted by a beep. I turned my gaze to the screen beside my door and saw Lucia, my personal maid. Her face was so close to the camera, natawa pa ako sa itsura niya dahil nagmistulang isda ito dahil sa epekto ng camera. I placed my palm on the side of the screen, allowing her in.

Narinig ko ang pagkatok sa pintuan ko, I shouted , "Come in!"

Lucia bowed her head once she entered, "Good morning, Señora Devika. Breakfast is served. Would you like me to prepare your bath before going down?"

"Lucia, why are you so formal? Just call me Devika, por favor. Señora sounds like I'm some old bruha!" I replied, as I jokingly frowned.

Nagulat ako nang biglang itong naluha at niyakap ako nang mahigpit. I laughed and returned her hug. "Lady Devika! Namiss kita! Ang boring dito noong wala ka! Palaging wala dito ang mga kapatid mo pati ang mga pinsan mo kaya naman si Señora Calista lagi ang nakakasama ko." She's a Filipina,other than the twins,  I was able to learn some slangs from that country thanks to her. Ngunit natigilan ako sa sinabi niya kasabay nang pag-hiwalay namin sa isa't-isa.

"Yeah? Tell me more about her while you prepare my bath." I crossed my legs and rested my right hand on the bed. Isinandal ko ang ulo ko sa kamay ko habang pinagmamasdan si Lucia.

"Hmm..." She stopped from picking any outfit and looked up, "Based on my past encounters with her, she seems nice. I don't really find anything suspicious about her, she looks like a normal individual to me, Lady Devika."

"I doubt that. Everybody has a hidden agenda. Keep an eye on her and report every suspicious movement she makes, Lucia." I firmly ordered her.

She stooped out of the small hallway leading to the bathroom, "Copy, Princesa Devika.", she uttered, bowing. 

"Good. You may go now. Tell them I won't be joining them for breakfast. And oh..tell Kai to meet me at Hexia, 1 PM sharp. Also, tell him to buy me an iphone. I want the latest edition." I told her as I removed my nightgown.

"Masusunod, kamahalan." She joked. I laughed at her statement.

"Gaga! Go na nga!", I raised my hand signaling her to go out. Lucia is around my age, anak siya nang namayapang mayordoma namin noon.

I spent three hours getting ready for the day. I slapped both of my hands into my cheeks, "Ugh! This is not enough. I need a spa day!" I exclaimed in front of the mirror that was attached to my dresser. I feel like I need to reset my entire body, mind, and soul.

"Whatever. I'll just tell Margarita and Lavina to call the workers here for a home service." Pinal na sambit ko sa sarili.

Paglabas ko sa aking silid ay sinalubong ako nang mga paintings, vases, at iba pang antiques na ilang dekada na ang edad. On the right side of the hallway, there was a huge oval-shaped glass window adorned with gold and black chains. Through it, you could see a massive waterfall in the garden surrounded by blooming flowers. The garden resembled the famous Flower Dome in Singapore.