Ch 10 New Coach

Team India was performing at its finest. The people of the country couldn't be prouder. The men in blue were set in becoming undefeatable. But all good things come to an end.

Team India's batting coach Mr. Rahul Dravid had just resigned from the team. It was the end of his journey with the team. The old man now wanted to retire and relax. The team now needed a new mentor. Applications were sent out stating the needs of the team. Hundreds of applications had been sent to BCCI out of which one felt appropriate. The guy was young maybe the same age as the seniors of the team. Had coached the U19 national cricket team. Although being young his knowledge and experience about cricket made him an excellent candidate for the job.

The management informed MSD about the changes. MSD greeted Rahul Dravid and shared some sweet moments. Both of them covered a long journey together. The coach and skipper made this team. Dravid became emotional at his departure but he knew his time was up.

The management gave Mahi all the required information about the guy who was soon to be their new coach.

He informed Rohit and Hardik about this nd decided that the new coach will be revealed at the ICT dinner party.

Meanwhile our Rohit and Virat also shared some intimate moments together. They became close than ever. Rohit could never say no to the puppy eyes shown by Vi. It became obvious that Rohit had a sweet spot for his roommate. Even though Rohit didn't show it he had become addicted to Virat. His smile , hid mischieves made him smile. Virat played a lot of pranks along with Hardik and Jadeja. The team became a group of chaotic one lively than ever.

Panda was the nickname given by Vi to Rohit. Though he showed annoyance when called by that name. He secretly desired to be called by that name but not to forget only by His Vi.

Rahul was standing on the rooftop enjoying the cool breeze. Suddenly two strong arms were wrapped around his waist securely. He didn't need to turn back to know it was Hardik.
"Darling enjoying alone?"

Rahul smiled and leaned on the chest of Hardik inhaling his fragrance. The scent of Coffee and wood made him mesmerized. These were their sweet moments where Rahul could keep his guard down shut his brain knowing a strong pair of arms are holding him and protecting him.

Where Hardik finally found his home. A man whom he could come home to. With whom he could share his thoughts and aspirations. He had someone to protect and love forever. He wanted to cherish these moments like there was no tomorrow. But Alas not everything can last forever.

 " Who is our new Coach ??" Asked Rah. He was quite close to Dravid who made him a great test player. 
"He is a young guy. His application looked incredible so the management decided to choose him. One reason can also be that he is as same age as few of us, so we can have free conversations.."

"Can I meet him?"
Asked Rahul with expectations on his eyes.
" Sure darling you will buy only during the official announcement..."

MSD was in the BCCI office to do some work.
He talked with officials about some new equipments required for the betterment in the performance of the team. He met the new coach and shook hands with him. With a warm smile they exchanged few formal conversations about cricket and coaching.

The precise eyes of MSD never missed anything. The new guy seemed great but something was not right. Something was off or maybe just his imagination.
He shook off his uneasy feeling remembering the words thata book should not be judged by its cover....

Or maybe he should have.....

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Soon it was the day for the ICT dinner gathering. A formal gathering of the players of ICT ,retired players and some youngsters who were invited in order to honour their special performance.

Rahul got ready and looked at the mirror. He smiled looking at his reflection not only because he looked perfect but also the suit was chosen by Hardik. He was impressed by his lover's choice.
Soon he went down and met other players of ICT Everyone looked charming as ever. Soon they drove off to the venue.

Soon the ICT reached the venue and were mesmerized by the decorations

They started talking and catching up with other members when two women approached Rahul.

"Excuse me.."
Rahul turned around and a bright smile crept on his face. The woman was none other than Mithali Raj , the captain of the Indian women's Cricket team and along with her was Smriti Mandana, both of them looking absolutely gorgeous.

Both of  them congratulated him for his outstanding performance at such a young age. Rahul felt proud of himself and felt finally he had achieved something. Far from them stood Hardik. His chest swelled with pride knowing that even the Captain of Women's cricket team was there to congratulate him.
But what can we say there was also a pit of jealousy in his heart watching Rahul smiled and talking to tha ladies.

Their chat was interrupted when they heard a ringing sound of glass indicating somebody wanted to say something.
It was Rahul Dravid along with Saurav Ganguly.

There is an special announcement to be made. Its been a long journey with the men in blue. I enjoyed every moment with them. Together we celebrated a lot of victories and made memories together. But Alas every journey has to come to an end, as I Rahul Dravid am stepping down from the post of the coach of Team India .
And now this post shall be managed by a young blood. Hope the team flourishes and I wish him all the best.

Rahul ended his speech with tears in his eyes. Everyone clapped for appreciating the efforts and work he had done for team India. Soon a young guy stepped on the stage with a bright smile on his face.

I present to you the new coach of Team India Mr. Rajiv Malhotra....

Everyone clapped especially Hardik as it was his best friend. He was happy that his friend was reaching the heights and honour he deserved.  Everyone was happy with the addition of the new member .

But not everyone was happy, somebody was horrified. This can't be true ..... He was not supposed to come back. He looked at the stage with an extremely distressed experience. Nobody noticed it other than our new coach. Or we could say he was searching for his face only. He smirked looking at him. A fake smile was charming to everyone that held malice behind it.

Soon everyone started having dinner and continued having fun.
Rahul ran away from the party to the terrace panting heavily. His eyes were red and could hold the tears anymore.

Why was he back again...

.................................................
Total words -1167

A/N : here's the new chapter hope you like it stay tuned for the next one...