Chapter: 1 Alpha's Introduction

My name is Lucia. I'm an artificial intelligence programmed to be as human-like as possible. We are called Constructs, our A.I. are taken from humans and turned into data, with our own thoughts and feelings, then gone through rigorous training so we can fight a virus called “Punishing.” Our frames and weapons are made on the last surviving human ship named “Babylon.” The Punishing has corrupted most if not all of the world in a red haze, always evolving, always changing, a never-ending suffering that turns humans into piles of rotting meat, and turns any robot, or constructs into mindless killing machines, with no will of their own, and no control of their own, not even constructs are safe from the corruption.

During my journey as a consultant, I met many friends and lost some friends as well. That was until I was assigned to an elite and secret squad called, “Gray Raven.”

They made me feel as if I had a family once more. And for a time, everything was going well. We took out sectors of punishing that were needed for Babylonia’s survival. We were like a family that had absolute trust in each other. Even out commandant, a gentle and caring human. We were a family to everyone who saw us.

At least, that's what I thought. Until one mission, everything changed, our commandant was contacted by another construct that was an ascendant, and promised him power and the path to become stronger then any construct or human that Babylon could produce or conceive.

He set us up and wanted us dead. I lost 2 of my closest friends, and my systems had already reached a threshold for my consciousness. I couldn't be backed up to a new frame, which is not my current frame, but an old one called Lotus. It was too far gone to be recalled back to Babylon, and so I left wandering, but not before I cut off that baster's arm and took my friend's dog tags with me, and left.

It didn't take long for the corruption to take me over, but I was too stubborn to let that happen, and I fought against it with everything I had.

At some point, the Punishing started talking to me as if it was a sentient being. Then it gave me a choice.

A choice that would forever change me to what I am now.

I am Alpha. The original construct of Lucia, with a new frame given to me by the punishing, called Crimson Abyss. And turned into an Ascendant, that fights to take out the ones who left me to die. And I now have the power of the punishing virus to do so.

(Cloneunitblank: “So yeah. Uh. I'm working on this. Don't know how far it will go after the last books that I made and got rid of. So let's see where this goes?” *shrugs*)