32] Yes To Everything

"i think i like you best when you're with me"

k. by cigarettes after sex

Two weeks. I locked myself in my room for two weeks. 

I spent some time thinking and really just taking this time for myself. I opened my door and walked straight down the hall to the bathroom. I turned on the shower, turning the knob to make it hot all the way at the end. 

The bathroom filled with steam as I turned the handle, the hot water cascaded from the shower head in a steady stream. Stepping under the stream, I feel the hot water pour over my head, instantly washing away my insecurities.

The heat penetrated my skin, loosening the tense muscles and melting away the knots in my shoulders. I tilted my head back, letting the water massage my scalp, the droplets trailing down my face in warm rivulets. 

I ran my fingers through my hair, feeling the silky smoothness as the water streams through it. I reached for the lavender-scented shampoo, I squeeze a generous (probably the whole bottle) amount into my palm and lather it into my hair. The rich, fragrant bubbles form, their scent mixed with the steam to create a calming, aromatic embrace.

As I rinsed the shampoo away, I let the water run over my face, closing my eyes and savoring the sensation. The droplets drum against my skin, a gentle percussion that drowns out the noise of the outside world. I reach for the loofah, applying a dollop of lavender body wash, and scrub my skin in slow, deliberate circles. The hot water and lather combine in a symphony of sensations, cleansing my body and soothing my spirit.

I stand there for a moment, simply breathing, feeling the heat seep into my bones. The world outside the shower fades away, leaving only the comforting warmth and the steady rhythm of the water. Time seems to stand still, and in this steamy cocoon, I find a fleeting moment of peace and renewal.

"Brynnlee," My mom knocked on the door.

"Yeah?" I called from the shower.

"Nothing," I assumed she walked away from the door.

I stepped out of the shower and reached for the towel. The air outside the shower is cooler, and the sensation is a sharp contrast to the enveloping warmth I just left behind. I wrapped the soft towel around myself, savoring its softness against my damp skin.

The bathroom mirror is completely fogged up. I wipe a hand across it, creating a streaked window to my face, which is flushed and glowing from the hot water. Droplets of water still cling to my hair, dripping onto my shoulders and the towel wrapped around me.

I pat my skin dry, the towel absorbing the moisture in a gentle caress. I breathe deeply, the scent of lavender lingering on my skin and in the air, mingling with the fresh, clean smell of the soap.

I unwrap the towel from my body and wrap it around my hair instead, twisting it up into a turban. The cooler air on my bare skin is refreshing. I step onto the bathmat, feeling its soft fibers beneath my feet, and move to the sink.