the red string.

nik didn't believe in soulmates. nik didn't believe in fate. he didn't believe that he had a pre-determined path. that was... until he finally met judy.

nik's pov

it was a bright sunday morning. nik got up out of bed and threw on a fresh-new outfit he had bought the night before:

 nik got up out of bed and threw on a fresh-new outfit he had bought the night before:

he walked into his bathroom and began brushing his teeth

he walked into his bathroom and began brushing his teeth. he was so excited to start the new day. once he put his tooth brush down, he noticed something strange wrapped around his pointer finger: a red string. he quickly noticed that it lead somewhere, so he tried to follow it. he gave up after he realized it lead outside of his apartment. he hadn't really planned on going anywhere today, and he definitely didn't wanna look like an idiot following a red string all day. he decided to deal with it later.

he grabbed two slices of bread and placed them in the toaster. he then grabbed a carton of eggs as well as a pan. he placed the pan over the stove and turned the stove on. he cracked two eggs over the pan and began stirring them. a few minutes went by, and he heard the toaster ding. he quickly pulled them out of the toaster and laid them down on his plate. he smeared butter of both slices, and then sprinkled them with some cinnamon sugar. once his eggs were done, he placed them delicately next to the toast. he grabbed a fork and made himself a glass of milk before quickly making his way to his living room. once he sat down on his couch, he grabbed his remote and turned on his favorite film of all time: zootopia. he had always loved one character in particular, and that was judy hopps. but he was completely out of her league! besides, she was in love with the other nick. the fox nick. the nick who thought he was so special because he spelled his name with a c inside of no c. nik despised nick. the only thing that kept him from hunting him down and killing him was that he knew that would upset judy, and that was the last thing he wanted to do.

judy's pov

it was a bright sunday morning, and she quickly got up out of bed to get ready for her shift. she threw on her uniform and was about to run out of her apartment when she noticed a red string tied to her pointer finger. she figured it was one of nick's pranks. she laughed as she followed the string down the hall. she pulled out her phone and dialed nick's number

judy: haha, very funny prank.
nick: huh? what did i do?
judy: don't be like that nick, i know what you did this morning.
nick: i seriously don't know what i did. what's going on?
judy: i found a red string tied to my finger this morning. you're telling me you didn't do this?
nick: you found... a what?
judy: a red string? why? what's wrong?
nick: oh... nothing. i just- i didn't find a red string on my finger this morning...
judy: well, i didn't think you would? i don't even know what this is. why are you acting weird?
nick: no reason. do you know what it means when you wake up with a red string tied to your finger?
judy: no? what?
nick: it means you've found your soulmate. your soulmate is on the other end of the string.
judy: oh my gosh, this is so cool! i have to go find them! thanks nick!

judy quickly hung up the phone, living nick depressed and heartbroken.

judy quickly ran down the streets of her apartment complex, desperate to find out who her soulmate is. she took a few more right turns before she finally found the end of the string. it was tucked underneath the door of someone else who lived in the complex. the number on their door was "69." she knew judging by that number that they were meant to be. she hesitantly knocked on their door.

nik's pov

he heard a knock at his door, which surprised him because it was 8 in the morning. he didn't really expect any visitors at this hour in the day. nonetheless, he opened the door.

tears immediately filled his eyes.

he couldn't believe it.

judy hopps was standing right in front of him.

"i-i can't believe it. judy? is it really you? after all these years?"

"yes. it's me. we were meant to be, nik. you and i. judyhoppsl0vr69 and judy hopps are meant to be... forever. i love you so much, nik."

nik wrapped his giant arms around judy's petite little neck. he was finally able to hold her after so many years of dreaming about it.

"i love you too, judy."

fly low, nik.

6/14/24 🦆🦆