The Proof of Courage

A red, purple, and black figure is fighting off hordes of monsters with three other heavenly saints. The red warrior sacrifices himself to have one of his allies seal the Hades Gate, but this noble act causes the warrior to become corrupted within the gate, transforming into a black and purple knight. Suddenly, Duke sees the black and purple knight, now in the form of a centaur, charging at him to attack. Duke screams, raising his arms to shield himself.

Suddenly, Duke wakes up from the dream, his little body trembling in bed. He looks at the clock by his bedside, which reads 2:13 A.M.

Duke: Not again...

He sighs and looks outside. At that moment, Duke suddenly sees an unusual shooting star streaks through the sky, looking like a meteor. A constellation takes shape, looking like the warrior centaur in his dream from earlier. He doesn't understand it and falls back to sleep.

That same night, a strange-looking sword and shield sit in a museum in Vale.

Security Guard 1: Have you heard of the most recent White Fang attack? Those terrorists almost burned down a warehouse until those Superrangers showed up.

Security Guard 2: That happened? Goddamn. At least Vale has their heroes.

Security Guard 1: Yeah. Outrageously colored heroes at that.

The 2 security guards continue to talk the night away, patrolling the museum. However, they don't notice that something has started glowing on the shield, the red light pulsing before dying down.

Timeskip

The next day, in a rather colorful classroom, Shelly and Blake are busy teaching the students literature class as substitute teachers. Duke is in the class that she is substituting for, though he's busy sleeping on the desk. After teaching the class for the day, Shelly gets all the children's attention.

Shelly: Alright, kids. We have a field trip to the Vale Museum today, and we're about to get ready to leave, so take all your backpacks and line up at the door, please. Don't leave anything behind.

All the kids eagerly pack their bags and line up at the door while Blake takes attendance. Meanwhile, Shelly checks all the student's desks, stopping at Duke's desk, the latter of whom is hunched over and sleeping.

Shelly: Hey. Wake up, Duke. We're all getting ready to leave for the museum.

He groggily wakes up, rubbing his eyes. Duke looks at Shelly with sleepy eyes.

Duke: S-sorry, Ms. Shelly.

Shelly: It's alright, Duke. Now come on, let's get ready for today, alright?

Duke nods, taking his backpack and yawning while packing all of his things.

Timeskip

At the museum, Shelly and Blake guide the children through the museum, making sure that all the kids are following her. Duke, clearly lacking in proper sleep, begins to dose off, only to be tapped awake by his friend, Molly.

Molly: Hey Duke! You're so tired today. Is everything okay?

Duke: Oh, no. I'm alright. I just... I guess I had trouble sleeping last night...

Molly: Oh, gee. What happened?

Duke: I had a bad dream last night, but I'll be fine.

The 14-year-old boy yawns as he rubs his eyes again. Molly keeps her usual smile, holding his hand.

Molly: I'll be here if you need to talk, okay Duke?

Duke nods, shaking his head to wake up a little bit. He sees Shelly leave to answer a call on a red flip phone while gesturing for Blake to lead the class in her stead.