A/N

Thank you for deciding to read Liar Synergy! I am the author Docia. I want to clarify a few things before you begin reading this story. There is also a bit on me and why I chose to write this story. This is, of course, not necessary to read but I'd appreciate it if you did. Thank you!

I have been a fan of Danganronpa for about 5 years and have, unfortunately, fallen out of love with the story. This means for the past 2 years I haven't been actively involved with the fandom or interacting with the story so I have forgotten MANY details. I do not plan to replay the game for this fan fiction so there will be plenty of plot differences or details that differ from the original source material. I don't want to be vague in my writing though so instead of skipping important situations I plan to improvise and write based on what I remember. While this may be annoying or disappointing for some readers, I hope you can look at this in a positive light that this story may be less repetitive than others and feel fresh or new.

There may also be intentional changes made to better fit the story I am trying to convey, or simply to make the writing process easier and more fluid for my own sake. These changes include things such as the layout of the school, and the removal of the memory light things. I do not think these changes will be detrimental to the bulk of the story but I suppose the point in making is don't expect this to be completely canon compliant.

Y/n will be written with they/them pronouns however they will be more aligned with a fem reader. (Ie. Tenko treating them as a girl, descriptors being feminine) for the most part, they will be completely gender neutral.

I plan on adding mature content in later chapters, these sections will be clearly marked and shouldn't impair your reading experience if you choose to not read it.

This is not beta read, there will be typos, grammar mistakes, etc!

I have no upload schedule. I will try to release a chapter every week but I can't make any promises. As it's summer break I currently work a full time job and I won't be able to have a lot of extra free time until school starts again. My chapters should be at least 3000 words. This should be a lengthy read once it's finished so you'll have plenty of time to get invested in this rendition of the characters and y/n!

Finally just a little background info on why I'm writing this as you may be confused after I mentioned being out of the fandom for so long. Danganronpa has a special place in my heart and I have such good memories associated with the fan fiction made in this space. I remember in middle school my main motivation to wake up each day was to know the next thing Kokichi would do to make my heart pound in my favorite fanfics. It's all very nostalgic to me and I want to create my own story for one very important reason; I've read almost all of the longer fanfics. I like reading lengthy fanfics because I can get invested in it and have connections for days. Mosy of these longer (finished) fanfics were made during a time where I consumed them like crazy, meaning I don't have much I can read now that I haven't already. I desperately wanted to read one for nostalgia sake, to relive those happy memories, but I couldn't. After some contemplation I decided to just write my own, I could make it just how I wanted and it'd be new! So I hope you enjoy reading this story and much I enjoyed reaching them when I was younger.

If you have any questions please don't be afraid to ask me! Thank you for reading this authors note, and for understanding my position for this work. I hope you continue to read and enjoy this story! I love reading everyone's comments too so leave as many as you like!

~~Docia (╹◡╹)♡