4 | Accusation is a Fools Game

I am still contained to my rooms while the whole ton, on the exact day after my pregnancy was announced, are performing at a fucking tourney for the Heir while there is the threat of a war at large. The knowledge of a future heir on the way, has sent the ton and its King to act out of stupidity and ignorance.

The guards out front of my door are watching me closer now that I am with child. They must protect their future heir at all costs, even if it is at the moment only a mere fetus. Alicent and her army, which is affectively the small council, are on their guard, scared that I will kill this child. I've heard the whispers, she can't be trusted, not even with her own child. Do they really think that little of me. I can't even urinate without being suspected of treason.

There's a knock at my door. The guard tells me that Prince Aemond requests an audience. Must be the day for the whole family. I roll my eyes at the thought. He enters and the doors close behind him. He sets his hands behind his back as he always does, keeping his posture straight, making himself seem taller, and in control. He is wearing dragon riding leather, black. He must have recently been flying with Vhagar, patrolling around the city. I'm not surprised that he would miss yet another tourney. He mentions quite often he has no interest in, but rather real war, not some silly game. Aemond is probably the smartest one among the Greens. Good with a sword. His hair is usually kept straight and neat but now is a spare bit messy due to flying.

"What can I do for you, my Prince?"

Aemond stalks forward to where I sit at my tea table and drags out a stool positioned across from me. His outer persona is trying to present that he is content but behind the one eye that he has left, I see that he is rather on edge and quite upset.

"I find that I may need your assistance, your Grace."

He leans back against the rest of the seat, but not completely. He doesn't want to let his guard down as he remains stiff.

"With?"

I place my hands in my lap, massaging my right hand with my left hand's fingers, feeling the outlines of each and every one of my bones.

"The King."

How could I even assist with that? I find that everyone in this castle thinks that I am able to persuade or might even have a type of effect on my husband. He does not care even a little for my presence at the small council let alone in his life. While Alicent and her father both convey to me that I can help him and give him comfort in his rooms. As I enter, he tells me to leave. Aegon clearly wants nothing to do with me. I cannot see what they can, they must be blinded. Mislead. He has told me that he will never touch me again and has stuck to his word. While I'm with child, there is no need for me to provide him with anything, he has his whores for that. As I was again told by my handmaiden the rumours that have been spread about him finding an audience with many in his rooms. I must not question the kings wishes even if it sickens me to be reminded of the other women. Why should it? Why should I care?

"About?"

"He does not want to be King."

Aemond states the obvious.

"I see, has he ever?"

I watch as Aemond itches just below his eye patch, on the scar that directly runs along his face. The ton have said that he was fashioned a sapphire that is positioned in the place his eye once was. That missing eye was what got me into this mess. If it weren't for it, I would be in Dragonstone, not with child and not faced with this misery of playing sides.

"No, you and I both know that from when we were children, he has never liked the idea. I know you heard the whispers of mother and my grandsire trying to convey this to him, for years. While also trying to undermine my father and his wishes for a woman, his daughter to be heir."