Chapter I: Meeting the Rookies and Meeting of the Komainus

The Three Komainus. Guardian Beasts who wield the power of fire.

When malevolent forces rise to enact chaos, the spirit and power of the Komainus will awaken in three worthy hosts to combat the threat. Imagine everyones surprise when these three hosts turned out to be three brothers, triplets at that. Their awakening as the guardian beasts came with the emergence of their pyrokinetic ablilites.

The Holy Sol Temple was well aware of the Komainus' legend, they sought to have the brothers join the Fire Force, specifically Special Fire Force Company 1. They believed that the Beasts of Fire were meant to serve and protect the Temple. However, the Komainus serve a single master, and that master entrusted them with a single mission...

(Y/N) Lionheart was on route returning to Special Fire Force Company 8th's residence. Lieutenant Hinawa had called and informed him that new rookies seek to join the 8th. Captain Obi seems to already approve of them, however (Y/N) will still need to give his input. He soars through the air via jet propulsion.

Back at Company 8 HQ, the new rookies are having a brief squabble with each other, Lieutenant Hinawa arrives questioning the ongoing racket.

"What's going on here"?

"I came to see what all the racket was up here"? Hinawa steps onto the roof, with a cup of coffee in hand.

"Sir"! A young woman stands and greets the lieutenant.

"Apparently Shinra and our new recruit Arthur knew each other at the Academy". She explains the situation.

Hinawa's attention was fixed on all small fire creature that repeatedly said the word sputter.

He pours his coffee on the creature extinguishing it.

"SPUTTER"!!! The young woman cries out in distress.

Hinawa drops his cup and grips the woman's head.

"Fire Soldiers do not play with fire! Is that clear Maki"? He says with a stone-faced glare.

"Y... Yes, sir..." Maki complies with fearful tone.

Hinawa's attention turns to the new recruit.

"So you're Arthur"? He asked.

"Yup. It's a pleasure". Arthur responds casually.

"Dude, that's the Lieutenant". Shinra urges him to show proper manners.

"All are equal at the Round-Table! Don't let it get to you, my man". Arthur's delusions render him deaf to all logic.

"Says the lowly 2nd-Class Fire Soldier..." Hinawa wasn't taking the disrespect too kindly.

"Well whatever. The Rookie Games are coming up. But before that, we need to see what you can both do. Once (Y/N) gets back, you two will be demonstrating your abilities". Hinawa states.

"(Y/N)'s coming back"? The Sister perked up.

Maki stood quietly, with flushed cheeks.

The mention of (Y/N) had Shinra confused. Before he could ask, the door was kicked open follow by a daunting presence.

"So... Who are the sad saps who decided to join this dump". A voice booms from the doorway.

Tension grips Shinra and Arthur as (Y/N)'s full appearance is made visible.