𝟎𝟎. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍. Prologue

𝟎𝟎. 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍.

    — HE COULDN'T DENY IT, she was absolutely breathtaking

HE COULDN'T DENY IT, she was absolutely breathtaking. For what the female assumed to be stares of hostility were simply stares of admiration. He didn't know what to say or how to act, a predicament he somehow always found himself in whenever he was near her. He almost wished he had stayed home instead of followed along to pick her up from the airport.

with her prada bag in one hand, she wrapped the other one around the boy, causing his breath to hitch. She smelled divine he thought to himself, closing his eyes & allowing himself to be engulfed in her embrace.

Who was she exactly to Kim Ri-an? It depends on who you ask. If you were to ask Kim Ri-an himself, he would tell you about how she was his world, the one he would turn to when the pressure simply got too much & she would make him forget about it with ease. Almost like an escape from reality. When the world doesn't feel right, when everyone is against him, when nothing seems to be going his way. Jeong Sarin somehow always made things right — she's been at his side for over 15 years, and though she's never left his side.

Her sudden move to Japan and his sudden relationship with Jung Jae-yi resulted in the both of them slowly drifting away. The phone calls became less often and dryer. Their personalities outgrew one another, they've changed and have yet to learn the new each other.

That was soon going to change.

"I missed you." She muttered in his chest, pulling him closer. He hummed, too engrossed in her warmth to utter a single word.

Sarin giggled, noticing how Ri-an wasn't ready to let go anytime soon and they were standing in the middle of the airport. She slowly pulled away, her eyes shrinking and her mouth widening with a smile, her dimples showing.

"You're back for good now, right?" His eyes shun with a mixture of emotions. Anticipation, relief, excitement, & Sarin couldn't help but let out another giggle. Absolutely adoring the widening of his pupils as he asked. Anticipating her answer.

"Yes."