01.

01. ioioio

            — JEONG SARIN adjusted her skirt, clicking the belt off of her before walking out of her white rolce royce, Ri-an not far behind

            — JEONG SARIN adjusted her skirt, clicking the belt off of her before walking out of her white rolce royce, Ri-an not far behind. She remembers waking up early to a phone call from Ri-an asking her if she would go to school with him. And there they were, strutting through the halls of Jooshin High School with their head helt high and Ri-ans left hand steadily placed at her hip. If you hadn't known otherwise, you'd assume the two were a couple. But at this point everyone had come to term with the fact that nothing was going on between the two, they were simply a very affectionate duo. That's all, right...?

Sarins red stiletto high heels clicked against the smooth, painted concrete floor. A collective gasp arising within the crowd of students. Some in disbelief and some in confusion. She confidently walked through the crowd, still keeping that friendly smile and kind aura. She truly was one of a kind.

— Yoon Hera felt her blood bubbling at the sight of the pair, the close grip Ri-an had on Sarin's waist almost made the girl feel nauseous. Her grip on the chopsticks loosened and her breathing became heavy. Yoon Hera was once again reminded of why she absolutely despised Jeong Sarin; despite Sarins best attempts at being friends with the girl at first. It was to no avail & she gave up. Hera thought of Sarin as a home-wrecking witch whose main purpose in life was to steal everyone's boyfriend. Of course, that assumption was only made due to Heras extremely delusional theories but that's besides the point.

Lee Woo-jin on the other hand was having an entirely different reaction. The boy adored Sarin and could never imagine himself upset at the long haired brunette, ever. Woo-jins parents had a close partnership with the Jeong Empire, which meant as kids they would see each other often. Whether it be at the meetings they were forced to sit through so they could learn, school, or political gatherings. Naturally, the boy became fond of Sarin. Developing a huge crush on her and having it all throughout middle school.

It's important to note the fact that though Sarin and Woo-jin were fond of one another, they weren't on the same level of friendship as Sarin and Ri-an were partly because Ri-an was greedy, he wanted Sarin all to himself. She was his guardian angel, she was his mental support, she was his everything. How could a nobody like Lee Woo-jin steal his world? He did everything in his power to make sure they wouldn't be as close as him and Sarin were.

Unfortunately for him, that all changed in high school. Yoon Hera, Lee Woo-jin, Kim Ri-an, Jung Jae-yi, and Jeong Sarin became a quintet. Best friends you could say. Even back then. Hera and Sarin would only tolerate each other for the wellbeing of everyone else — but it didn't take a genius to figure out they weren't fond of each other. At all.

"Jeong Sarin." Hera said through her clenched teeth, gripping the pair of metal chopsticks she had so hard the palm of her hand turned red. "Why is he holding her waist like that? Does he not care about Jae-yi."