03.

03. ioioio

          — "CAN WE TALK?" His eyes gleamed

          — "CAN WE TALK?" His eyes gleamed. Ri-an leaned against her locker, attempting to sound as nonchalant as possible yet Sarin could tell he wanted to get something off his chest. The boy despite all his efforts to keep an emotionless expression, fooling Sarin wasn't simple, after all, she knew him almost better than he knew himself. Ri-an was biting his lip and averting his gaze elsewhere rather than looking Sarin in her eyes; almost as if he was ashamed. But the question is, of what? Hera observes the situation with an annoyed expression. First, It was Jae-yi stealing the boy she's had a crush on for years. Now it was Sarin? Hera wasn't happy to say the least.

Their private class was about to begin in 5 minutes, what could Ri-an possibly want to talk about now?

"We have class—"

"Forget about it. I want to talk...no, we need to talk." The desperation oozing out from his tone struck Sarin as a surprise.

"I'll see you guys later." Sarin bid goodbye to Hera and her friends, hastily attempting to keep up with Ri-ans fast pace as he lead her outside — the beautiful summer breeze causing goosebumps to form on her naked arms, the green scenery pleasing her eyes & the sound of birds chirping making her feel more at ease.

"The weather is nice isn't it." Sarin proceeds to break the awkward silence.

Ri-an didn't reply, rather, he continued gazing deep into her orbs. Almost as if he was lost & navigating the way through her eyes. Sarin recognized the situation all too well as they have been in this exact predicament for more times than she could count. They act like there's nothing between them but it has Sarin double guessing how they really stand in their friendship.

another 10 seconds goes by and Ri-an comes one step closer to Sarin, taking a deep breath..."I'm sorry." He spat out.

"I didn't mean any of it to happen. You were gone and I was just in a bad mental state, I didn't know how to deal with my feelings and I just turned to Jae-yi but I swear—" Ri-an was cut off.

"You swear what?"

Sarin turned around, watching as Jae-yi angrily storms over to the spot they were standing. Tucking her hair behind her ears — Sarin turned back to Ri-an who surprisingly didn't have a look of surprise, as you would expect. Rather, Ri-an was annoyed and irritated. Slowly but surely he's begun to realize just how much he didn't like Jae-yi forget having feelings for her in general. Ever since Sarins return, anything and everything Jae-yi did was annoying to him in one way or the other.

Her laugh, her touch, her voice. Everything about Jae-yi; he didn't like. He pondered over how and why he put up with her for 2 years because the only way she made him forget about Sarin was by being clingy and starting arguements with him over what girl he spoke to that day.

"—I swear none of it meant anything." Ri-an confessed, not once acknowledging Jae-yi's presence. He was too fixated on Sarin and Sarin alone, he was observing her face for the little details like scrunching her nose slightly when in discomfort and her left eye blinking faster than her right one when nervous. She was as much of an open book to him as he was to her & that was what kept pulling him in.

No one knew Sarins habits and feelings better than he did and the same goes for Sarin. She knew Ri-an inside and out, she knew how to handle his temper and behavioural issues because at the end of the day. She knew what caused him to be the way that he was, she knew why he acted the way he did, and she never once lost her patience with him.

Maybe that's why he can't handle the thought of her with anyone but him. No — she's never going to be with anyone but him, she was everything he needed & he should be everything she needs. He was more than enough.

"Are you kidding me right now?!" Jae-yi spoke up before Sarin did, the tears falling uncontrollably.

She slapped him.

"Bastard."

"Don't act like you didn't know the real reason I was with you in the first place," Ri-an caressed his cheek, chuckling ever so lightly.

"Guys—" Sarin began,

"Oh please, what are you doing out here alone with my boyfriend in the first place? Huh? How about you riddle me that you homewrecker," Jae-yi's sudden outburst was directed towards Sarin, pointing before pushing her back by her shoulders.

Sarin stumbled back, regaining her balance before loudly scoffing.

"Yah! Jung Jae-yi-"

"Hera was right about you." Jae-yi spat, turning her back and running back inside.

Just as Sarin was about to run back inside with Jae-yi, she felt a sudden grip to her forearm, pushing her body back harshly making a thump sound as she lands on Ri-ans sturdy chest. The girl suddenly flushed even redder than she already was, her breathing becoming heavy and her eyes widening. With another swift movement, Ri-an turned her around — now gripping the back of her waist with both his hands, pushing her curved figure against him.

She could feel his heartbeat, his breathing unsteady much like hers. His cologne made her feel dizzy & she couldn't help but look up at him with her big, chocolate brown orbs. Unintentionally fluttery her lashes at him as her left eye starts to blink faster than her right. "Fuck," she internally swore at herself, she hated the fact that her body made it so obvious that she was nervous. Realistically though, who wouldn't be?

"Are you nervous?" Ri-an grinned, his voice low & his tone soft.

She cleared her throat, averting her gaze. "No. stop holding me y-" She attempted to push his chest and escape from his grip. Instead, she got to feel his chest through his thin white-tee.

"Let's stay like this for awhile." Ri-an mumbled before pulling her even closer. His head dipping into her neck almost instinctively, taking in her natural vanilla scent.

He missed this. It brought back all the memories of Sarin simply holding Ri-an because instead of trying to play therapist and make him speak about his troubles, Sarin found a way to put him at ease without making him feel uncomfortable or uneasy in the slightest by talking about his problems — & that was by holding him tight as he took in her calming scent, holding him tight as he lay on her chest, almost cradling him to sleep.

Sometimes Ri-an would ask her to hold him despite there not being anything in particular bothering him, all for the sake of being held. Not by anyone else but Jeong Sarin, & Jeong Sarin alone.

Sarin slowly wrapped her arms around him, tight.

Just like they used to.