Chapter 25

Dave

I wake up to my phone ringing. A nigga had a long ass night. I ain't make it to bed 'til at least 3 this morning. I don't know what time it is, so I ignore it and close my eyes again. I hear it ring another time and I groan.

"Fuck, man."

I don't even bother to pick up the phone. I'm not in the mood. It keeps ringing and out of nowhere, I hear a loud noise, like something being tossed across the room.

"Shut up!" Amara yells.

I pop up and look across the room. I see a phone, shattered on the floor. I jump out of the bed and rub my eyes to try to examine it.

"Yo! Why the fuck you throw my phone?" I say loudly.

"Because, you was just letting the shit ring and I'm trying to sleep."

"You know what? Get out! Get out of my shit! Now!" I yell at her again.

Amara jumps up and looks at me funny. "David, don't yell at me. I'll buy you another phone. You know I'm good for it."

She's another shorty that I met a while ago out here in Cali. We would meet up from time to time whenever I'm here in the city. Last night got a little crazy, and she ended up coming back to my crib after the club this morning. It was nothing special, a quick fuck and I made sure I used protection. I don't need any more kids, especially with some girl I fuck with around the way.

"Yeah I know you are, but you not finna come up in here breaking my shit. I have a flight to catch anyway. Come on."

"I'm not moving until you say sorry," she smirks.

"Amara. Get yo ass up and get dressed."

She sighs and gets out of the bed. I shuffle around the room, finding her clothes. She snatches them from me and I smack my lips.

"Girl don't play with me."

She laughs and starts getting dressed. I go shower and when I get out, she's gone. By the time I'm dressed and shit, it's 11.

"Fuck," I huff to myself.

My flight leaves at 12:30. I've gotta rush to the airport. I straighten up a little bit and order my uber with Kairi's iPad that's in my bedside table drawer. I knew this shit would come in handy. Once I'm done cleaning, the Uber is almost here so I grab my bag and go outside to wait. About 6 minutes later, a black Chevy Tahoe pulls up. I get in, and he greets me and heads to the airport.

After making it to the airport, I go through TSA and hurry to my terminal, just for me to see that my flight is delayed an hour. I'm glad though, it gives me a chance to go grab something to eat real quick.

I end up getting a sandwich from a little deli spot and I inhale the shit so fast. A little grilled turkey and cheese joint. Afterwards, I sit around, waiting on my flight. I can't wait to get home to my babies. My kids are the only thing that keeps me going, even Jay's big head ass. Everything that I do, I do for them. I don't want them to need for anything.

Once I get on the flight, I get comfortable. These 5 hours will fly because I'm tired as fuck. We're all boarded and the flight attendants get in the aisle to do their safety performance and shit, with big smiles on their faces. Before they even get done with the show, I'm sleep in my seat.

- - - - -

"This that pressure, East."

I nod in agreement as I take a pull of my blunt. Me, Bully, Capo, and Maino are sitting around Capo's spot.

"Man you know whatever I bring gonna get you right, straight up." I tell him.

"How was Cali nigga? What you even go out there for?" Maino asks me.