Kabanata 6

Kabanata 6  |  Himala

Inis kong nilapag ang makapal na module sa lamesa. We just arrived here in Davao a little while ago and here I am, instead of enjoying the view, I'm answering all these modules.

I was so tired last night after making reservations for hotels and vans that can accompany us.

And Venice, who proposed to help me with this, is currently in her room sleeping safe and sound. That girl, really.

Yup. She went to Davao with us.

“What do you want to do in Davao, anyway? Besides, baka hindi rin kita masamahan sa mga gala mo since our research comes first,” I asked her while walking along the corridor when she said that she wants to come along with our trip to Davao.

She just nodded while smiling dreamily. “No-no, you don't even need to lay an eye on me, ‘kay? Basta, please, isama mo’ko? Same plane, same hotel!"

“What for?"

Nakakaloko siyang ngumiti. “It's a secret! And you'll benefit too! I'll help you with your activities," she winked.

She fooled me with that proposal yet she just ditched me.

I sighed.

Well, I can't blame her. Everyone's tired from the trip. And that, of course, includes me.

But what choice do I have, right?

As much as I'm really exhausted right now, I have no choice but to finish this early. Sa Monday ko na ito ipapasa and it's Saturday now. Buong weekend ay nandito kami sa Davao so we don't have much time to waste.

I groaned from frustration.

I swear. I'm gonna give Angelica a hellish high school life, exactly the opposite of her name. I'll do anything in my power to do that.

But, first things first, I have to fucking work this out.

Kahit pa gaano kaganda ang view sa labas ng restaurant, masyadong naghahari ang inis ko para magkaroon ng peace of mind.

I bit my lip. God, I want to cry.

Sinapo ko ang mukha ko at sumubsob sa lamesa. I can't do this.

I want to feel the soft bed on my back. The cloud-like pillow to ease my neck pains. Have a deep beauty sleep I've been deprived of for weeks. And have my mind at ease.

But I'm here doing the exact opposite of that. I can't even understand the module! How am I supposed to answer all of these!?

“Get lost," I muttered as soon as I felt a presence on the opposite side of the table.

Kumunot ang noo ko nang maramdamang hindi umalis ang tao. Should I exclaim at him/her to leave me the fuck alone?

Tumuwid ako ng upo. “I said—"

Bumagsak ang mga balikat ko nang makita si four-eyes.

I rolled my eyes at him. Please, I have no time for this.

I saw him trying to take a peek at my papers but I immediately covered them with my hands. This is all his fault. God, I hate him to the core.

“Don't even try to lecture me. I know I should focus on the research while I'm here but I have no choice, okay? Tss," agap ko dahil baka ay bungangaan niya na naman ako.

He sighed. “You should rest."

Namilog ang mga mata ko sa sinabi niya ngunit umayos rin kaagad. “Now, you're acting guilty ‘cause you know it's your fault,” I muttered under my breath.