Chapter 1

My name is Riley, I am sixteen years old and from Scotland.This year my parents got a divorce, it was a difficult time for me and my little sister Sarah who is only seven.

Me and Sarah moved with my mom to London while our dad stayed in Scotland with his 'girlfriend' if you could even call her that.

Anyway tomorrow is my first day at school and I am dreading it.

*Riley's P.O.V*

"Riley...Riley, wake up now or you will be late for school!" I heard my mom shout from downstairs.

I groaned still tired from having around four hours sleep I guess, I leaned over to check the clock on my nightstand - 7:30.

I quickly climbed out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom to brush my teeth, I looked into the mirror there were bags under my eyes from not enough sleep.

"Oh great first day and everyone will think I look like a zombie" I mumbled to myself whilst applying some foundation I usually only wear some eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss but desperate times call for desperate measures.

I straightened my hair, it was now 8am and I still hadn't even got dressed yet. The one thing about this new school that I was happy about is you don't have to wear a uniform.

I ran around my bedroom throwing clothes everywhere until I decided on what to wear.

I looked in the mirror to see how I looked. The weather was good and it was sunny so I wore a pair of denim shorts a white top with a peace sign on it and a pair of red converse.

I have long brown hair that hung loosely past my shoulders and blue eyes. I was bullied in my old school for my looks, I uses to be a little over weight a few people noticed my insecurity and pointed it out. I have lost a lot of weight since then though and I'm now comfortable with it.

Anyway I quickly rushed downstairs walked out the house and into my mums car as we headed to school I wonder what will happen today I can't wait (Note the sarcasm).

After a long and my night I point out very boring car ride with my mum moaning at me at how I have to make a good first impression and Sarah in the backseat kicking me for no reason, we finally arrived.