Chapter 1. My Boo

"What the fuck."

That was the first thing Quackity said when he realized what happened to him.

The ao3 fic, A Trace in the Night under an anonymous author named strongerLemon243; A K-drama leveled of misunderstanding with a horrendous plot, hideous characters with big, fragile egos—Not to mention the simplistic mindsets of all the character, it was meant to blow up like a goddamn wattpad story.

The main character, Wilbur (Does he even have a last name??), like the stereotypical main character he was, began with the plot of a tragic childhood, trauma, gritted teeth, blood & tears and whatever, and climbed his way to a stable place in society, making a decent living.

And you'd think, oh well, dude has a decent apartment in New York, has a respectable job as a forensic pathologist who gets a well-paid amount of earnings, what a successful life, right?

Deadass wrong.

Because, if there was one thing about the main character in a story, was that while they were born with a golden spoon in their mouth, there would be no story without drama and troubles, there would be no main character without angst and pain, so what's the plot?

Due to trauma, Wilbur has developed a passion for murder and arson. (What freak finds art in corpses?? What sane author would ever write this??)

And of course, there would be no main character without conflict, and so a yin to the yang was needed, thus, the most annoying ass, narcissistic, sexist and by this point just mount every bad trait you can think of, add them together, and there for the grace goes the villain.

Alexander, or known as Alex, a private detective, dressed like elites, talked like old grannies, and behind that mask of perfectionist, was a perverted bitch who just simply couldn't stand anyone better than him. Talking about egos, huh.

But, the thing is that, no matter how great your life was before the main character, how golden and privileged you are, you were meant to be stepped under the main character's foot when he entered the scene.

The idea of a newly graduated doctor, so young and yet got accepted into the city's most famous detective team(While he had to work his ass off to make it into the team), Wilbur made it like it was merely a matter of an exam paper turned in or not(Well, it legitimately is just a test you have to pass to make it into the team), jealousy, bitterness, the usual villain emotions, and now Wilbur was the target for Alexander to pick on, and bully around.

Ahaha, if only Alexander knew who he was bullying this entire time.

Which was why when Quackity woke up, wolfcut and a pair of raven gaze staring at him in front of the bathroom mirror, he screamed.

"Captain, you alright?" One of his Colleagues—Foolish, if he remembered correctly from the story asked, his emerald gaze with worry.

"Uh–, um, yea, of course!" Quackity replied quickly, hands cold with sweat as he held a cup of hot coffee in his hands. Shit, no way Alexander talked to his colleagues like this, let alone be this flustered in the first place. "It's just, um," Quackity paused, thinking of an excuse. "Nerves, y'know?" His gaze diverted away as if he was casually scanning the coffee shop.

That seemed to do the trick. Foolish nodded. "Understandable, with the serial killer running loose, it's hard to relax." The figure fidgeted his hands, another glance of concern.

What do you know, the killer has been with us all along! "Yea, I agree." Quackity replied, taking another sip of the coffee.

"Are you ready to head back now? I heard the lab came back with new data and wanted to discuss it." Foolish started again. Quackity spat out his drink, coughing violently as he wiped the coffee away from his mouth. "Right now??" With Wilbur??