8. I'll See You Tomorrow

Kid Ritz POV:

Shit... I'm not finding him anywhere. This is stressing me out because I have no idea where to look.

I park my car... feeling very overwhelmed. I... need to... feel this out for a moment.

I just got a huge promotion that I haven't stopped to think about. I... saw my ex-boyfriend for the first time in five years.

I... still have feelings for him... and it hurts. I'm the one who pushed him away. I shouldn't have. I was scared and felt he didn't care about me if he decided to be a night dancer.

I should have had more faith in him. I should have been there for him and more appreciative of what he was doing in order to keep us afloat.

I cry quietly as I mourn our relationship. Seeing what he is now... it's crushing. He's incredibly emotionally unstable, he's clearly addicted, and he... he's being mistreated by Dom.

I need to find him; who knows what Dom's done with him by now?

I look at the road, watching as cars roll on by. Wait... that's it! I should be talking to Rollie Roy!

I drive back to the station and request to speak with Rollie immediately.

I wait in a special interrogation room with a screen between us for protection. Rollie's walked in, his charming features angry.

I thank his officer, who nods and stands by the door. She's very tough if she's handling Rollie on her own.

Kid Ritz: "Thank you, Orchid."

She nods as I turn my attention to Rollie.

Rollie: "Whatever is going on, I didn't do anything."

Kid Ritz: "Alright, then I guess we're done here. I was going to give you some opportunities if you talked, but you've already shut that door on yourself."

I start to get up but he stops me.

Rollie: "W-wait! Wait, uh... what... opportunities are you talking about?"

Kid Ritz: "You tell me how Veneer, Dom, and Carlos escaped; I will have your sentence lessened."

Rollie: "I didn't even know they escaped. I was taken into solitary confinement without answers and put into a white room cell. It smells in there."

Kid Ritz: "This is jail, bud. It's not supposed to be comfy. Now, I need you to be serious with me. Veneer's life is in danger with Dom; do you realize that?"

Rollie: "Why should I care about that nobody?"

Kid Ritz: "Because... he's... at risk of whatever Project Sugar Crash is."

Rollie: "How do you know about Project Sugar Crash?"

Kid Ritz: "Carlos confessed to it."

Rollie: "That bastardized oaf! I knew we couldn't trust him!"

Kid Ritz: "And to think, he's the one who got away while you're stuck here, behind bars. Doesn't that just make you angry?"

Rollie: "Of course it does! What kinda dumbass question is that?"

I resist the urge to roll my eyes, seeing as Orchid does it for me.

Kid Ritz: "I think you should do something about it."

Rollie: "Yeah? Like I can do anything locked up. Didn't think of that one, did you cop."

Damn, his attitude is terrible.

Kid Ritz: "You can do something, Rollie. Tell me where they could be hiding. We send cars over and bust them out, and you'll be credited for locating them. That'd look pretty good in the news, huh? Everyone would be impressed you solved the case."