✰Introduction✰

NONE OF MY ORIGINAL WORK HAS BEEN PUBLISHED IN THIS PART. ONLY A RECAP OF THE SERIES IS DONE SO.

Welcome!

In this part, I just want to give you a brief over the topics in the book (and movie) series, which is the Divergent series. In case you have already read the books/watched the movies, you can skip this. But I would recommend getting your mind refreshed.

THE FIVE FACTIONS-

Many years ago, the ancestors of the world realized that the problem in our world is not political or regional. Rather, they believed that it was the problem of the human nature. So, they divided themselves into five different groups or factions, that valued different virtues in their members. They wore clothes of only their own respective colors.

The first- Amity. Amity values peace, kindness, forgiveness, and harmony. They believe in living in harmony with nature and each other, avoiding conflict and violence whenever possible. Amity's role is to provide food and sustain life through agriculture. They are responsible for farming and cultivating crops, ensuring that the community has enough food to eat. Their colors are red and yellow.

The second- Erudite. They believed that it was ignorance that was the problem. They valued intelligence, curiosity, and rationality, believing that knowledge is the key to solving society's problems. Erudite's role in society is to serve as educators, researchers, and innovators. Though Erudite is shown as the major villain force in the series, it will not be so in this fanfiction. Their color is blue.

The third- Candor. They believed that it was lying, deceiving and dishonesty that is the worst thing in the world. They value honesty above everything else in their members. In society, Candor serves as the faction responsible for justice and law. They often work as lawyers, judges, and arbitrators, ensuring that truth and fairness prevail in legal matters. Their colors are black and white.

The fourth- Abnegation. They valued selflessness and altruism above everything, for they thought it was selfishness and vainness that ruined the world. They are very impossibly selfless, so much that even looking in a mirror is seen as a vain act and is forbidden. They like to remain unnoticed and in the background, so their color is grey.

And finally, the fifth (and the leading faction of this story), Dauntless. They value bravery, courage and fearlessness of all. Their color is black. Dauntless is known for its strict code of conduct and initiation process.

(note- initiation is the process in which sixteen year olds who dare to join Dauntless have to prove themselves worthy of the faction. Initiates must undergo a simulation called a "fear landscape," which involves facing their deepest fears in a controlled environment.)

Training in combat and self-defense is a central part of Dauntless initiation and lifestyle.

The faction's role in society is to serve as the protectors and defenders, guarding against threats from both within and outside the city. They are responsible for maintaining security and order, often serving as guards and soldiers.

DIVERGENT-

And the Divergent- , "Divergent" people are individuals who do not fit neatly into any one faction and display traits from multiple factions. They are considered dangerous by the faction-dominated society because they cannot be easily controlled or manipulated. Divergent individuals are seen as a threat to the social order because they are not easily influenced by the faction-based thinking that governs society.

People want to kill Divergent individuals because they are seen as a challenge to the established order. The society in Divergent relies on strict adherence to the faction system, and anyone who deviates from this is considered a threat. Divergent individuals are perceived as capable of independent thought and action, making them difficult to predict and control. And they can stay awake in simulations, which makes them even more dangerous.

NOTE- THIS IS JUST A SUMMARY OF THE DIVERGENT PEOPLE, YOU WILL HAVE TO READ THE SERIES TO ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND THEM.

***************************************************************************************

SIMULATIONS-

PROS-

Simulations are advanced virtual reality scenarios used for various purposes, including training, testing, and psychological evaluation. Simulations are a crucial aspect of the society's faction system, as they help determine an individual's aptitude for a particular faction and also serve as a method of control and manipulation.

Simulations are used to assess an individual's suitability for a faction by placing them in scenarios that test their skills, values, and instincts. For example, Dauntless initiates undergo simulations that test their bravery and ability to overcome fear, while Erudite initiates might undergo simulations that test their intelligence and problem-solving skills.

CONS-

Simulations are used as a form of psychological manipulation and control. The faction leaders use simulations to reinforce the values and beliefs of their faction, shaping the thoughts and behaviors of their members. Simulations can also be used to induce fear or other emotions in individuals, making them easier to control and manipulate.

For example, in the series, the Erudite do use simulations to control and kill many people. But in this fanfiction (at least for now) simulations won't really have dangerous effects on the society.

THE SYMBOLS-

How is the faction of a person ever decided?

When a person turns sixteen years old, they will have an Aptitude Test in which a simulation will assess their traits and what two factions they would belong in. Then, in the Choosing Ceremony, they will decide which of the two factions they want to join.

Choosing a faction that their parents and family are not members of would mean high chances of never seeing them again.

***********************************************************************************************

The chapter one for this story will be published soon.

Thanks for reading ! <3

**updates once a week**

credit for all the photos goes to pinterest and canva. i do not own the images used in this part.

NONE OF MY ORIGINAL WORK HAS BEEN PUBLISHED IN THIS PART. ONLY A RECAP OF THE SERIES IS DONE SO.