27

Charlotte

"So which one, you gotta help me out here Lena!" I say frustrated as I hold up two shirts.

Ever since I've gotten back from the meeting all I've been thinking about is the text Brooke sent me.

Besides it being the first text she's actually sent me, she invited me to go out. And I'm not sure where so I wanted to wear something casual but put together. I had already picked out a pair of blue jeans to wear, but now all I needed was a top.

So I immediately called Lena to get her opinion on what shirt to wear. I decided between two shirts, one black long sleeve off the shoulder and a white tank top that I would wear a black cropped cardigan over.

"Umm, I mean didn't you already wear black today to the meeting?" Lena asks.

"Yes I did, so should I go with the tank top then?" I ask in a panicked voice.

"I don't know, because the black top looks more sexy, and the white tank top kind of implies that you didn't know how to dress so you chose to go simple." Lena says.

"Ok, so the black one?" I ask, holding it up higher than the white top.

"Sure." She says nonchalantly.

I rolled my eyes at her response and quickly changed into the black top. Once I did I looked into the nearest mirror and checked on my outfit.

Good enough for me.

"Where do you think she's taking you?" Lena asks excitedly.

"I'm not sure to be honest, we might stay in the park, we may go out to eat, there are so many possibilities and I'm scared." I say as I grab my travel sized Dior blooming bouquet perfume and spraying it on.

"I don't think she'll kill you, right?" Lena jokes.

I roll my eyes at her, "Well, there was a murder at 'Storm Shore high school' I think it's called. Anyways, one of the teachers was murdered and nobody knows who did it. I saw it in an article earlier while I was busy panicking about this whole hanging out with Brooke." I say taking quick breaths.

"You have nothing to worry about Charlotte, whatever you guys do I'm sure you will have fun. You thinking about that murder case is just making you paranoid, I'm one hundred percent sure you have nothing to worry about." She reassures me.

"Thanks Lena, I should probably get going now, she said at 7:00 pm sharp, so I don't want to be late."

"Understood. Okay, love you, stay safe and call me if anything happens!" Lena says.

"Of course, okay bye I've got to go." I say before hanging up the phone.

Before I leave I quickly put on some jewelry, and grab a purse to put my things in.

Okay, now I can go.

————

Brooke told me to meet her here at this spot In the park which isn't very packed, and honestly I'm nervous.

I found a bench to sit on as soon as I got here so I decided to wait here for her. And yes, I did arrive about ten minutes early just to be safe and now I'm wondering about what we could be doing.

I stare down at my phone, constantly checking the time hoping the minutes will pass by quicker but they only seem to be going by slower.

And I really need her to hurry up, I'm afraid of being noticed and if I do, I'm afraid I may have to bail on her.

I've already gotten a few stares and whispers so that can't be a good thing.

"Did I take long?" I hear a voice come from behind me.