5. Unneccesary

Yoongi looked down at his watch and cursed. 

He was going to be late.

He kicked the bicycle stand and started pedaling aggressively. His hands stung in a few places as he held the handlebars. Hard-earned scars from an afternoon of tying together bouquets of thorny roses. Valentine's Day was still months and yet the florists Yoongi worked for were always in demand.

As he drove along the main streets toward the cafe Taehyung had told him he'd be at, Yoongi couldn't help but think about the flowers that had made him late today. He thought about the dozen rose bouquets he'd been made to create and sighed, somewhere some rich woman married to a rich man was about to be pleasantly surprised.

Yoongi, on the other hand, felt anything but pleasant.

The sky was beginning to golden as the afternoon turned to early evening.

Yoongi still had two more jobs to go to.

He sighed to himself as he took a left past a fast food joint. No, Yoongi had no cause to feel pleasant at all.

About ten minutes later Yoongi found himself standing in front of an almost painfully indie cafe. Outside, the sign above it streamed neon letters onto Yoongi's face.

He got off his bicycle, coming to the conclusion that Taehyung's date was nowhere near fatal. He opened his texts, Taehyung had replied to his 'I'll be late' message with a thumbs up. He shoved the phone back in his pocket and strolled over to the front door before pushing it open.

He was met with the strong scent of coffee hitting him like a wall. He looked around the place trying to spot Taehyung's familiar form. His brows furrowed when he found him sitting at a table opposite two men instead of one. He seemed to be excited about something, his hands moved animatedly as he spoke.

Yoongi walked toward him, feeling slightly apprehensive. Taehyung, noticing Yoongi making his way over to the table said something to the two men and smiled back at Yoongi,  a moment later the men turned to look at him as well and Yoongi felt his stomach drop in disbelief.

It was that man. Jung's eldest son. certified rich boy.

beside him was another man, younger than him by a few years by the looks of it. Yoongi felt a sudden stab of fear, what did these two want with Taehyung? He noticed recognition dawn on rich boy's face which quickly morphed into a polite smile. So he hadn't been expecting him, that was a relief. Yoongi smiled courteously back and took a seat beside Taehyuhng, he felt vaguely ill. Noticing the expression on Yoongi's face Taehyung gasped, " Do you know each other?" he asked, sounding positively effervescent.

Yoongi blanched inwardly but fought hard to maintain his pleasantly neutral expression.

Thankfully, rich boy spoke first, " Ah yes, we do actually, I've had the wonderful experience of speaking with your brother regarding his musical talents," he said this cordially, not quite meeting Yoongi's eyes.

"Oh!" Taehyung's eyes widened, and then he beamed, "You must know each other very well then,"

"No, actually we don't" It was Yoongi who spoke this time, his voice sounded cold and detached to his own ears but he made no move to mend it.

"well," rich boy spoke up again, intolerably unfazed, "I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself, I'm Jung Hoseok, and this-" he pointed to the boy beside him, "is my friend, Jeon Jungkook, Taehyung's date," he added with a smile.

Yoongi nodded, "I'm Yoongi," he managed.

After that conversation died without resurrection. Taehyung and Hoseok tried to maintain the pleasant atmosphere by smiling at no one in particular but seeing as how it got them nowhere, it remained a futile effort.