Chapter one

I was in an orphanage until one day this tall, thin woman walked into the building and went on a tour. She pointed to me and whispered to the director, Mrs. Cannon. Within the hour I was being placed into this nice lady's car and swept away to a new foster home. I was only 4 so I didn't exactly understand that this was just temporary. This wasn't a forever home. This Foster home had so many kids. They had Rayleen,11, jessica, 13, Kristen,7, jack, 12, rayanne,10, justin, 6, and me, Alison, 4. I had to share a room with rayanne and Kristen.

These people were very nice but I didn't feel like I belonged there. I was always left out because I was the newest and the littlest. I missed my friends back at the orphanage. They were so much fun. They always included me and I wasn't the littlest.

Time slowly passed. Week after week. Month after month. This foster home only lasted 5 months. The day came and the tall woman whom I had called mom picked me up and put me in the car along with a small bag of stuff that she had bought me over the 5 months.

I'll never forget what she said as she dropped me off at the orphanage. "You know we love you but you're just not right for us." And she drove away. I ease my right for them. They didn't want me. Would anyone ever want me? I mean what was wrong with me? I was a fun girl. I walked back into the orphanage and was brought to a new bedroom. I didn't even get to be in my old bed. This Foster care thing is a nightmare. But this was just the first of many foster homes I would go to. And everything just gets worse. If my own parents didn't want me then why should anyone else?