Vol. 1 Chapter 3: These irregular people

Nathan sat down quietly as the rest of the students walked up stage to explain their power.

'I don't have any power. Guess I'll just say I can exist'

He blinked.

'No, just be straightforward. I have no power'

An suddenly called upon the next student

"445"

J.C sighs and gets up. Seij watches J.C, looking at him with slight interest

...

...

...

Seij observes J.C, she begins to think.

'Actually, what is with him...? I blasted him in the face with a standard atomic blast. That should've killed most Maverick classed people, but he was surprised is all. What is his ability...? Telekinesis perhaps?'

She thought, as she nodded her head. She then looks back up the stage to watch J.C.

J.C stepped on to the stage, looking up at the tall woman.

'She is towering over me!'

He thought, as he kept a straight face and looked at the audience.

"I'd rather explain, than demonstrate"

He says, then turns towards where he was previously sitting, Nathan and Seij watching him.

'If I were to reveal my ability, it'd be annoying, however none of these people understood what the ace said, so I'd be inclined to say it, in hopes they wouldn't understand'

He was getting frustrated, before he clicked his tongue and looked away.

He looks back at the crowd.

"I'm a manipulation type, my ability is telekinesis, my range is limited to touch. As a manipulation type, my energy capacity is infinite"

People coughed and clapped a little, before he escorted himself off the stage. J.C was slightly relieved that his lie worked.

However, one person didn't. That person was An, the headmaster. She observes J.C as he walked off the stage.

'An intriguing figure, to lie in front of an entire crowd, along with the teachers and staff, and with such confidence. He is definitely someone to keep an eye on'

She thought, as she places her fingers to her lips.

'Cool. That specifies things for me'

Nathan had thought, as it confirmed his assessment he made of J.C.

'Like I speculated, he has a forceful type of power. I thought it was mid-range, but... touch limited...'

It made Nathan shift in his seat a little.

'But he was able to flick his hand and send me flying to the wall again. Does he need only one touch and have control over the target until he changes?'

Before he could think further, a number was called on to stage.

"446"

J.C had arrived back at his seat as An called for Nathan who was sitting next to him.

He tapped him on the shoulder, since he seemed out of it.

"Oi, it's your turn, get up"

J.C said as he sat back down on his chair and crossed his legs.

'that should get these two off my back, I think they're assessing me'

J.C thought as he turned to his right and saw Seij staring at him. Like she was observing him, describing J.C in her mind.