saturday

Long had Rain established himself as a familiar face amongst the races, dubbed as 'Phayu's boy' and notorious for offering the threatening guards candy each time he came.

The atmosphere was on the edge of suffocating, the exhaust fumes along with the scent of popcorn filling Rain's lungs while the roar of engines and the cheering crowd pounded against his eardrums.

As much as Rain had fun here, it could become overwhelming very quickly, which is why Sky looked at him with understanding when Rain began to pull away from his side. Sky would be safe amongst the spectators, leaving his focus on Prapai who was currently smoking the other racer on the track, much to no one's surprise.

Rain was confident he could find his way to the mechanic's tent with his eyes closed at this point, but he wouldn't want to miss out on even a second of seeing his hardworking hubby bent over one of the bikes, thick eyebrows furrowed in concentration as he clenched his jaw.

It was unfair that Rain had to keep his hands to himself when Phayu looked so hot in his element. He worked on the bikes like a painter creating a masterpiece, voice commanding as he barked orders to his fellow mechanics.

The stakes were severe for these races, and even as one of Pakin's favorites, there was no room for error, which is why Rain slipped into one of the chairs near the tent, far enough to not be a distraction, but close enough to be able to see the sweat dripping from Phayu's face.

Phayu didn't seem to notice him, and while that would usually make Rain pout, he could see that one of the bikes was causing problems, sputtering each time Phayu pushed on the throttle. While Rain didn't know much about the mechanics of motorbikes, he knew that sound wasn't a good sign.

A frustrated sigh left Phayu's lips, his shoulders tense as he glared down at the bike. Rain bit back a giggle, finding the scowl on Phayu's face too adorable. He's been on the receiving end of that look many times, often by being a brat to get Phayu riled up enough to bend him over his knee.

Rain watched as Phayu turned to another mechanic, voice hard as he said, "Check the spark plug and tell me if it's wet or not. I'm going to check on the other bikes to make sure none of them have the same issue."

When Phayu turned away, Rain could see the exact moment he was caught in his boyfriend's peripheral vision, dark eyes softening the moment they landed on Rain.

Rain gave him a tiny wave, teeth peeking from between his lips as he smiled up at Phayu.

Instead of moving towards the bikes, Phayu strolled over to Rain, a faux skeptical expression on his face. "When did you sneak over here?"

"Not that long ago," Rain said, getting up from his chair to crowd into Phayu's space.

If he was a little less shy about public display of affection, he'd throw his arms over his boyfriend's shoulders and slide their bodies close.

Instead, he stayed just a step away, their noses close to bumping from the lack of space, but Rain could still feel the warmth radiating from Phayu's body, the brush of his breath against Rain's lips that was making it hard to not lean in and kiss him.

Rain persisted, but only just. "Are you okay?"

The crease in Phayu's brow deepened as another sigh slipped through his teeth. "I'll be fine after I get the bike fixed."

From the edge in his voice, Rain knew there was more to it. A small pout formed on his lips, concern washing over him. "P'Phayu..."

Phayu stared down at him, eyes empty and hard, but Rain could see the frustration burning behind the dark brown orbs, could see it in the way his adam's apple bobbed as if he was swallowing down his vexation.