Chapter 16

ELENAS POV

Michael had decided to take me to the movies which I thought was cliche but also adorable. We both agreed on seeing Pitch Perfect 2. His laugh blared through out the theater as Fat Amy made a funny comment.

I stared a Michael as he watched the movie. He hadn't tried to make one move on me all night, which really annoyed me because the whole point of me agreeing to go on a date with Michael was to hook up with him. I decided to take things into my own hands.

I laid my head on his shoulder. I felt him shudder at my touch.

"Are you tired?" he asked looking down at me.

"Yeah, I wanna go home but the movie isn't over," I said gliding my hand across his arms.

"We c-can leave n-now," he said with a stutter.

"Good."

Michael and I both got up and walked out in the middle of the movie. I wasn't paying attention to it anyways.

When we pulled up to my apartment Michael got out and opened my door for me. He walked me up to my apartment and we both stood there.

"Well, I'll see you later," he said and turned away.

"Wait Michael," I said grabbing his arm.

When he turned we both stared at each other.

"Why don't you come in here and keep me company?"

"Uh-"

"Please," I said with a pouty face.

"Okay, sure."

We both walked into my apartment. Michael sat on the couch as I went into the kitchen.

"Do you want anything to drink, Michael."

"Yeah, water would be nice."

"Okay," I said as I reached in the cabinet to grab a glass. I wasn't tall enough to reach the top. "Can you help me get a glass?"

"Of course," he said and walked over.

He stood behind me a grabbed a glass I turned just as he got it and I put my hands both of his shoulders. With our eyes glued together I leaned in and kissed him.

We both moved our lips together in silence. I hopped on him and hooked my legs around his waist. When I started to grind into him he stopped me.

"Elena, what are you doing," he said and set me down.

I couldn't help but cry. I just made a complete fool out of myself in front of a guy that didn't want me like I thought he wanted me.

"I'm so stupid," I said and put my head in my hands.

"Hey, no you're not," he said lifting my chin up.

"That's why you won't hook up with me, I'm dumb and I'm ugly," I say sniffling.

"Elena, you're smart and beautiful and everything any guy would want in a girl but I'm not gonna have sex with you on our first date. I have way too much respect for you."

I looked up at him through my tears. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. It felt good to have a guy want me not just for a hook up.

"How about we have a do over a date. I'll pick you up on Monday after you get off work and we can do whatever you want," Michael said as he held me.

"That sounds like a plan," I said smiling up at him.

"Good, I'll see you later," he said and kisses me on the head before he left my apartment.

---
The next day I woke up and I had a call from Sara.

"Hey Sara," I said sleepily.

"Hey El, how was your date with lover boy?"

I could feel her smirk through the phone and I'm sure she could feel my eye roll as well.

"His name's Michael and it was great. He's an absolute sweetheart."

"That's good, I wish I could say the same for Luke," she said with a sigh.

I gulped at the sound of his name. I hadn't thought about Luke for 48 hours and just the thought of his name sent me spiraling.

"What's going on?"

"He's being cold and he just seems really down nowadays."

"Maybe another double date will put him in a better mood," I suggested as I hopped out of bed.

"You think so?"

Truthfully I just wanted Luke to see me with Michael. I'm not trying to make him jealous or anything I'm just trying to show him that I'm taken and I'm not worth being upset over. He needs to be with Sara, I don't deserve him.

"I know so."