003.

Mia didn't move from the position she was in for what felt like hours as she stared at the text from Kayleigh. What did she mean she knew she'd be hearing from her soon? Had she planned this all out? It had to be some kind of sick joke, Mia thought to herself.

She waited for a moment before replying, only to find her phone buzzing with another message from America's Pop Sensation.

Usually, Mia would be wary about driving so late at night, but she had to hear what Kayleigh's excuse was for what she did. And even if she didn't want to admit it, seeing her would heal a lot of wounds she was still working on.

During the car ride there, her mind couldn't help but wonder about what could possibly be the outcome of this situation. Mia had thought about the red headed singer every day since they broke up, and she imagined that Kayleigh had thought about her since that day, too.

Turning on the radio the hosts voice filled her ears. "And if you're just tuning in with us, we're about to play a song that just came out today, it's one of our favorites already. This is "Good Luck, Babe." by Chappell Roan. The beginning notes only got to play for a few seconds before Mia's hand turned the nob all the way to zero before turning into the spot where the two girls planned to meet.

As soon as she pulled in she saw Kayleigh's old car, she was surprised she still drove the old pickup truck her grandpa gave her. It was not very Chappell Roan. Speaking of, she caught a glimpse of the singer wiping her eyes before they both got out of their respective cars, heading down to the same bench where they shared their first kiss.

"Your boyfriend with you?" Kayleigh peered behind the petite girl.

Mia shook her head, "He's at his house. Why?"

"I don't really want to see my competition." Kayleigh let out a small laugh.

"Competition for what? Me?" Mia sat down on the bench next to her, not taking one eye off of the singer.

Ignoring her, Kayleigh sat down and took a deep breath in. "Listen, I'm sorry but that song had to come out," She looked in Mia's eyes. "For my sake." It was almost like she was pleading.

Mia let a few moments of silence pass before speaking up. "A heads up would have been nice though, maybe a 'How are you?' every couple of months,

Kayleigh scoffed, "Exes don't do that. Exes aren't friends, Mia."

Mia looked down at the ground. "We didn't have to be exes, I wanted to be with you."

Kayleigh snapped, "You did? Because as far as I could tell all you cared about was making sure no one found out about us before you came out," Her breathing became heavier as she inched closer to Mia. "And then you went and got with some random guy. That hurt me, Mia. You broke m-"