Chapter 34. Royalty

This chapter takes place after chapter 33.

Trigger warning: depictions/mentions of racism, along with implications of sexism, and misgendering.

---

Eclipse's perspective:

Eclipse steps into the jail cell-like room that Ruin sits in, and just stares at them, until Ruin seems to 'snap out' of the trance they are in, and walks into the room.

"Hello there."

Ruin's cold dead eyes stare up at Eclipse.
"Who are you."

Eclipse laughs, standing in front of them, his tall figure shadowing Ruin from the little sunlight in the room.
"I don't give runts my information."

"Why are you even keeping me here."

"You're dad-"
Eclipse is cut off by Ruin.

"My 'dad' has been dead for a VERY long time."

"You're dad had crimes to pay for. So you will have to take his place."

Before Ruin can respond, Eclipse walks out of the room with a smile on his face.

The next couple hours for Ruin feel like minutes as he goes back to his own imagination.

Moon's perspective:

As Moon walks into the room with Sun. Lunar and Gemini are already setting out a couple papers along with throwing away used steel points and inkwells for them to write with.

"Soo... Does anyone have any idea's brewing?"

"Well... I saw something on one of the men."
Moon speaks like a disappointed parent.

"Well- What was it?"

"So, in the shack place- before we all got dragged out I saw a- badge- that said that they worked for some royal family- Sherington- or something like that- It was hard to see-"

"... That's... An issue- We've never dealt with ROYALTY before-"
Lunar sits down in their chair.
"Out of all of us here- Earth might be the closest to royalty we have-"

"Earth?"
Gemini says to Lunar.

"Well- Sun, Moon, grew up poor, K.C. lived on a farm, you grew up isolated from the world- we all saw where Solar lived- Monty and Ruin grew up on a boat-"
Lunar stops for a second, before remembering they forgot himself.
"Oh and I was homeless."

"That doesn't mean Earth was royalty-"

"I know- but- she's the closest we have..."

Wait a damn second...

"HOW DID YOU KNOW ME AND SUN WERE POOR?! WE DIDN'T TELL YOU THAT!"
Moon places his hands on the table, staring at Lunar with mostly confusion.

"... You act like you two weren't starstruck that you got new clothing."

Gemini giggles a bit.

"... FAIR- WAIT THE PLAN- we don't know where this royal family is taking Ruin-"

I doubt they still have them in that shack-

Ruin's perspective:

Ruin suddenly snaps out of their own mind, to their own disappointment.

How long has it been-

Ruin looks around the minimal light having gone dark from when he had last remembered.