|7| Membership

Katherine

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm working out, as you can see."

•••

"My back..."

Katherine sobbed into her pillow, biting her lip as she beat at her back like an old woman.

After Professor Ackerman took her away, he instead dropped a bomb on her, telling her to write him another poem.

Honestly, she was surprised he hadn't brought up the topic about her awkward singing.

She was sure he knew that the song was a cover up.

Katherine sighed, lying face down on her pillow for a few more seconds before she suddenly sat up, grabbing her favorite mechanical and her little notebook.

She had nearly lost the book two days ago. When she flipped over the table, her book went flying somewhere underneath the fighting.

Later, after her little meeting with the professor, Mikasa came up to her with her notebook in hand.

That was really nice of her.

"I wonder what time it is." She wondered aloud, pausing as she bit the eraser of her mechanical in thought.

She shrugged, shaking her head before she lied down on her stomach, kicking her feet as she began to doodle little sketches.

Huh... Now that I think about it, Professor Ackerman's been a bit more tolerable as of late.

She tilted her head as she scribbled a bit more.

I don't know, and I frankly don't care, as long as he keeps it that way.

She stopped, sitting up as she craned her neck to the side, a light groan leaving her from the soreness in her neck and shoulders.

Katherine glanced down at the drawings she made before shrugging and getting off of her bed with a sigh.

She was sure Annie was leaving to meet up with that tall friend of hers, whatever the hell his name was, Birdbox or something.

And right on cue, she heard the front door of their apartment opening and the sound of keys jangling. Annie was back from the gym, and sure enough would jump in the shower before taking off to Paradox's place.

"Annie," Katherine called, quickly getting up while still carrying her mechanical. "The gym you go to. How much is the membership?"

The classic blonde hair, blue eyed beauty stared at Katherine with her usual blank face, possibly thinking of why Katherine of all people would bring up a gym.