Chapter 6

The following evening, I am in my room in front of the bathroom mirror putting the finishing touches on my makeup. When I was finished putting on my makeup, I left the bathroom I grabbed my wristlet off my bed and left my room. I walked down the hall and headed downstairs I entered the living room Hades's sitting in his armchair he rose from the armchair and walked towards me. 

"Am I dressed, okay?" I asked. 

"You look stunning." Hades said. 

"You look very handsome in your all-black suit and tie." 

"We should get going." 

Hades and I left the living room we walked upstairs Hades led me down the hall and opened the door to his office we stepped into his office. 

"What are we doing in your office?" I asked confused. 

"You'll see," Hades replied. 

Hades and I walked over to the wall in his office he pulled a covering off a full-length mirror. 

"Hold my hand." 

I held his hand as we stepped through the mirror it felt like walking through a waterfall when we stepped through the other side of the mirror Hades, and I were standing outside of a grand mansion. 

"Hades where are we?" I asked. 

"We are in Olympus and standing outside of my brother's mansion." He said. 

Hades and I walked up the front steps and knocked on the door the front door opened we stepped inside the mansion. Hades and I walked down the hall I released his hand and looped my arm through his we stood outside a set of huge double door the doors opened on their own Hades and I stepped into a grand ballroom. All eyes suddenly turned us I suddenly felt self-conches and wanted to run out of the ballroom and go back to the portal to the Underworld. 

"You have no reason to feel self-conscious keep your head up." 

I took Hades's advice and kept my head held high a woman wearing an aquamarine gown walked towards us and greeted us warmly. 

"Happy Birthday Hera!!" Hades exclaimed. 

"Thank you, Hades. Who's your date?" Hera asked. 

"This is Persephone goddess of harvest and fertility." 

"It's lovely to meet you." 

"It's lovely to meet you too." I smiled. 

"Please enjoy the party." 

Hades and I mingled with the rest of the guests I spotted Megara and Hercules I walked towards them Megara rushed towards me and hugged me I returned her hug. 

"Persephone, you look beautiful!!" Megara exclaimed. 

"You look beautiful as well." I smiled. 

"Megara, Hercules who's your friend?" three female voices asked. 

"Aphrodite, Helen, and Athena this is Persephone goddess of harvest and fertility." 

"Persephone who are you here with?" Helen, Athena, and Aphrodite asked curiously. 

"I am here with Hades," 

They stared at me like I was from a foreign planet Hercules shook his head. 

"Why the hell would you want to be around our uncle he's the god of death and sleeps around."  

"Athena, Aphrodite, Helen in case you haven't noticed your father isn't exactly the faithful type I mean Zeus has over a hundred children."